• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by Beakertwang

1. Beakertwang

Sold Kauer Banshee final drop. 3k plus shipping

In my opinion, Doug can do no wrong. I’d love to have a Kauer someday. GLWS
  2. Beakertwang

Sold Kauer Banshee final drop. 3k plus shipping

Good lord, that's a beauty!
  3. Beakertwang

Which acoustic should I get?

Just curious--have you really not ever played a $250 acoustic and a $1000 acoustic, let alone a high end Martin or other top shelf acoustic?
  4. Beakertwang

@BenB123, have you purchased an acoustic yet?
  5. Beakertwang

I’ll have to see if my local shop has any of the Masterworks models. I’ve never played an Alvarez I’ve really liked, outside of a couple old Yairis. But I’m always looking for good affordable guitars to recommend to people.
  6. Beakertwang

Excellent. Let me know what you think.
  7. Beakertwang

@BenB123, where are you located? Is there an Eastman dealer in your area?
  8. Beakertwang

This should have all the info you need. https://www.eastmanguitars.com/acoustic_grand_auditorium
  9. Beakertwang

Gladly. The first number (1xx, 2xx, etc) denote the line, the next two numbers denote the body shape. 12 is orchestra (discontinued, as far as I can tell) 20 is dreadnaught, 22 is grand auditorium, 30 is jumbo. There are also the more rare 08 and 10 models, which are smaller bodies, with...
  10. Beakertwang

Here’s a nice used AC512CE for a decent price. A little beyond your budget, but worth every penny. Maybe make an offer? https://reverb.com/item/37576033-eastman-ac512ce-2016-natural?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=37576033
  11. Beakertwang

I bought my first Eastman from Haggerty's in Rapid City, SD, although I don't think they are an Eastman dealer any longer, just based on their website. A good friend of mine from Rapid came through my town on his midwestern tour. His high-end Taylor needed repair, so he picked up his AC522CE...
  12. Beakertwang

I heartily recommend Eastman acoustics. The AC322CE is all solid wood, good electronics, and plays and sounds terrific, for about $950. A couple students of mine have them, and my son has the AC312CE (same line, just slightly different shape). IMO, they hold up against the big name brands at...
  13. Beakertwang

Who is the Most Tasteful Guitarist?

Nearly 400 posts and no one has mentioned Yngwie?!
  14. Beakertwang

NGD: Eastman E10OM

Had a chance to plug it in tonight. Did a little live monitoring, and recorded a bit. The Wavelength Duo system sounds terrific, very natural and accurate live or recorded. I set the mic to about 75-80%, and flat EQ at the console. Really happy about how good it sounded with no effort.