Recent content by big hair

1. B

Is there a more gutsy guitarist than The Boss?

what's clear reading this is everyones idea of a guitar "god" is very different! Personally I love BS. I stumbled upon this thread because I'm trying to find out what amps Springsteen currently used on his most recent tours. I have the live in Hyde Park (Born in the USA album in full) DVD and...
  2. B

recommend me some good slide guitar to listen to

thats great, exactly what I fancied listening to!! There are some superb slide guitar players on this thread that I've never heard of so many thanks for the advice, hopefully this thread can be used by others looking for some slide guitar inspiration. On a side note I think I might try...
  3. B

some of Ry Cooder's songs are pretty decent, thanks! I forgot about Derek Trucks, awesome player
  4. B

ok thanks - just checking out now!
  5. B

Whenever watching films set in the "wild west" there is usually some very nice atmospheric slide guitar used as the background music. Does anybody have any recommendations to some good albums I could get which have some good slide guitar in. This is the closest I could find in my...
  6. B

The coolest vintage 4x12 ever!!!!!

Does Kerry have a website??
  7. B

Please help me find an amp that fits this criteria:

I think the splawn is going to be the way forward. I used to have a splawn modded marshall which was pretty nice, but I am thinking that a proper splawn amp is what I need. Can they do the different models in the plexi headcase?
  8. B

Please help me find an amp that fits this criteria:

I'm on the lookout for a new amp but am looking for suggestions: - I like 100w, not because I want loudness, but I find 100w amps have a clearer bottom end - two channel - first channel clean, second channel hard rock - I like cranked plexi tones/hot rodded marshally voicing, amps which respond...
  9. B

two rock jet clips

sounds very nice - I enjoyed listening, thanks :)
  10. B

Recording troubles with the Komet 60

no real joy today tbh I totally understand what you are saying skylabfilmpop, during a rehearsal some of the features that i can hear in the recording are not evident. I was only using the attenuator because i was using 4x 20w greenbacks and didnt want them to blow. The K60 is responsible...
  11. B

How close to the plexi tone can a Bogner XTC get?

imo the two arent not as similar as some people would want it The bogners plexi mode doesn;t cut it as well as an actual plexi, not quite got the same bite and tbh can leave me feeling a bit underwhelmed. If you want plexi tones then you are better off going for a plexi and a hotplate to...
  12. B

oh btw today I used a 421 up close and a ribbon mic about 4 feet away.
  13. B

it looks like today has been a better day for the komet I used some different guitars - my LP pickups are too hot for the komet when recording. However, a strat sounds lovely and a LP with not as hot pickups seems to have come through well too...... fingers crossed :)
  14. B

WOW...Two Rock has literally lost their minds...

life would be boring if everyone made sub $1000 amps. It is little quirks like this that makes the whole music gear industry interesting.
  15. B

Just after a bit of advice....... When I jam with my friends I use my LP>K60 with hotplate to about -8db, into a 4x12 with g12 heritage 20w. Usually sounds great when practicing. I desperately wanted to use the K60 when recording our few songs at my studio this weekend, but I couldn't get...
Top Bottom