• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by billyjett

1. B

Suhr Reactive Load IR.

I'd really like to use one in a live application with my Fender Super Reverb '65 reissue, but the Ohm's don't match up. I was told I could run into one of those Ohm converter boxes first then into the reactive load, then out to house PA and monitors. Anyone here ever try that?
  2. B

Suhr vs. Nash

I saw a Fender Custom shop Strat up for sale locally as well that's in the same price range as the Suhr, might have to check it out just because!
  3. B

Suhr vs. Nash

Thanks for that! The retail price of a new Nash is only about $300.00 less than a Suhr which is why I was surprised that quite a few folks were refering to them as a high price partscaster.
  4. B

Suhr vs. Nash

Awesome! Thanks for that and to everyone who is commenting! Overwhelming praise for the Suhr! I think I'll go that route, I really like the HSS pickup configuration especially for live performing. I usually do a guitar switch about midway through our sets, the main reason is usually switching...
  5. B

Suhr vs. Nash

Well I'm glad I posted this thread! I'm a little surprised at the comments about Nash being a glorified partscaster! I thought their reputation was a bit better than what I'm hearing, but as I said I was leaning towards the Suhr anyway so this just helps my decision process! I have never heard...
  6. B

Suhr vs. Nash

I've narrowed down my search for a Strat style guitar to these two Luthier's based solely on reputation and word of mouth. I've never actually played either one as there have been none readily available in my area. The only caution I have regarding Nash is that a fellow guitarist told me if I...
  7. B

Marshall Origin 50 gets its ass kicked by Marshall DSL40CR

No argument from me as far as the tone is concerned, like I said I was able to dial in some great sounds, and yes it does cut through but for my situation I have other options that work better.
  8. B

Sorry but have to disagree on that. Most of the Fender amps I've gigged with over the years required little or no messing with onstage when changing guitars, and I've played through Marshalls that were that way as well, although not as much. I agree a two channel amp is better for this which is...
  9. B

Okay so after several days here is my honest appraisal of the Origin 50. It's a great amp with some very good tones to be had out of it, but for me and what I would use it for, it's not going to work so I'll be sending it back to Sweetwater. I have the head and ran it through an Avitar 2x12 cab...
  10. B

This whole thread seems ridiculous to me! I appreciate the work that went into making the Demo, which I did watch, but seriously why in the world would you use any of the DSL series amps as a comparison to the Origin? It's totally apples and oranges! The Origin was not designed to do what the...
  11. B

New Germino Lead 55 Non MV - OD Pedal?

There are a lot of pedals that sound great with this amp, it all depends on what your trying to do tonally, here is a list of the ones I have personally used with this amp with great results. Keeley modded TS-9 Boss SD-1 Xotic EP Booster Timmy Suhr Koko Boost RYRA Klon Klone TC Electronics Mojo...
  12. B

Ok, Ya 500 Or 600 Bucks To Spend, What Amp Is It Gonna Be?

I went with a Blackstar Club 40 1X12 Combo, and I've been happy ever since! I was concerned about the reliability factor, but both my son and I have one and neither one of us has had any issues with this one. I think they sound great for Blues/Rock, the clean channel is a real sleeper IMO.
  13. B

One of many questions from a newbie-HD500X

Okay thanks for all the advice! Lots of stuff to take in here, I think I might need a different amp to run through however, something ultra clean with tons of headroom like a Fender twin or something, right now I'm trying to use a Supro Thunderbolt and it's not cutting it! Unless I'm at really...
  14. B

One of many questions from a newbie-HD500X

So after 40 years of playing through tube amps with traditional effects, pedal boards etc. This low tech, computer illiterate rock guy just purchased an HD500X, and I gotta tell you this thing is a pain in the Ass!! The manual that came with it seems useless to me, I've been getting better info...
Top Bottom