• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Bluesman1026

1. B

A Whole New Thing

So about a year ago I was without a band for the first time since I don't know when. An old musician friend of mine called and asked if I'd be interested in doing a little 3 piece thing using backing tracks. I've never done it before and didn't think I would like it...and at first I didn't. But...
  2. B

BEWARE of the Always On syndrome

I've had an EP Booster "always on" on my pedalboard for about 2 years now and it's staying. I like it.
  3. B

It's finally here. I picked up my new Blues Cube Artist

I'm getting older and was tired of lugging my tube amps around. I sold them all and bought a Cube 80GX. OMG! I never found a SS amp that could take pedals well until I bought this amp. I just plug my pedalboard into the clean channel and I'm good to go. No regrets here!
  4. B

Tips For Dealing With Slippery Picks?

There's a product called Monster Grips. Little silicone type things you put on the pick. They stay on, don't get dirty and last a long time. Google them.
  5. B

Capo

Another vote for Shubb. Can't go wrong..
  6. B

Anything you like better than the MXR Badass Distortion?

Always go back to my old reliable Boss Blues Driver.
  7. B

Alex Hutchings

Just got turned onto Alex Hutchings for the first time. Where the heck have I been? What an amazing player!
  8. B

Roland Cube 80GX

My Roland Cube 80GX came on Friday and I've been experimenting with it all weekend. My feelings so far are that I'm not real crazy with the onboard effects so I plugged in my pedalboard through the clean channel and OMG I can't believe how well this little baby takes my pedals. I've tried pedals...
  9. B

Teaching my Son Guitar

My dad played guitar and taught me some chords on a uke when I was 7. Got a baritone uke when I was 8 and started guitar lessons when I was 9 and took off from there. Now I teach 2 of my nieces. One's 13 and one's 15. The 13 year old one is picking it up faster than the 15 year old. I have a son...
  10. B

New Amp

I've been using tube amps all my life but I'm 67 years old now and don't want to lug them around anymore. Plus I don't play the big venues I used to. After doing a lot of research I ordered a Roland Cube 80GX. Anyone out there using one of these?
  11. B

I'm back

Hello everyone, I've been out of touch for a year or 2 due to the site being redone and I finally got in touch with Scott who set me back up. A big shout out to him! Anyway, a lot has changed since then and I'll update my info and look forward to talking to you all again.
  12. B

Best guitar for $1,500

Ernie Ball Musicman Axis
  13. B

Plugged entire band into one extension cord; pedalboard didn't work

The longer the cord the greater the voltage drop. Standard cords are usually 16 or 14 gauge. I would ask them to try to get a 12 gauge at least.
  14. B

For those who have played 30+ years

Don't get married to someone that doesn't support you. How stupid was that! Divorced her 3 years later. My 2nd wife is way cool about it.
Top Bottom