Recent content by Bobo Fret

1. Bobo Fret

Post just one line from a song you love

There's a time to live and a time to die, I smoke Elvis Presley's toenails when I wanna get high! --Reverand Gibby Haynes
  2. Bobo Fret

Kikagaku Moyo throwing in the towel :(

I saw them in Atlanta Saturday - it was great! It was nice to see a packed house (I was curious how many people even knew of these guys). Both the band and the audience were super appreciative of one another. A great evening all around. Digging the new album too!
  3. Bobo Fret

Saddest Song

For me...Harry Chapin - Cats in the Cradle
  4. Bobo Fret

Favorite Japanese bands

Older: Stomu Yamashta Newer: Kikagaku Moyo
  5. Bobo Fret

Rivolta Regata VII - new semi-hollow body

Congrats! It's a beut! Yeah, Novo and Rivolta are Fano spinoffs. Not sure what level of involvement he has in either at this point. Pretty sure Rivolta's are like the equivalent of "Duncan Designed" pickups - designed by Fano but everything else done by others. Not sure what the deal is...
  6. Bobo Fret

I hadn't noticed any neck dive. I can't imagine it would be enough to matter, but maybe the trem on mine makes a difference weight-wise??? Honestly seems the same as a 335 to me.
  7. Bobo Fret

The 25" scale is comfortable for me, although I have no issues with 24.75 or 25.5.
  8. Bobo Fret

I do now. I pulled the trigger not long after my post above. I really like it! The build quality is very good and it plays/sounds great. That being said, I didn't care for the OEM pickups at all. I slapped a set of Mr. Fabulous Sunernatural pickups I had around and now it kills...
  9. Bobo Fret

Lesser-known LPs that had a disproportionately large effect on your own life and musical development

I'll play along. Got the self-titled '69 album by the band Moloch maybe in 1982 - freshman year in high school from the public library (same trip that introduced me to the Stooges, which also gobsmacked me). Absolutely loved it and it still gets lots of play - love their version of "Goin'...
  10. Bobo Fret

Output Loudness Measurement Device (not a computer.... a device)

Microphone (preferable calibrated omni measurement mic) and the free REW software should get you there. Lots of cool stuff to be done with that software, actually. For example:
  11. Bobo Fret

Kikagaku Moyo throwing in the towel :(

Not sure if anyone is familiar with these guys, but they've been one of my favorites for awhile now. Sadly, it looks like they're calling it quits after the upcoming album/tour. I snagged some Atlanta tix. Not exactly around the corner, but I've never seen them and this is the last...
  12. Bobo Fret

Measuring standing waves - dad's studio treatment masquerading as a 6th-grade science project ;)

Thanks! I found the amroc Room Calculator already, and that was sort of the basis of questioning how to deal with an irregularly shaped room. The grid idea sounds like the way to go. I recognize that there are a number of variables that go into analyzing/treating a room, and this...
  13. Bobo Fret

Measuring standing waves - dad's studio treatment masquerading as a 6th-grade science project ;)

Thanks! Actually, that is related to one of the questions I had... So do I actually NEED the dimensions of my room? I see a number of frequency analyzer apps/software have areas to input room dimensions to help with calculations. I'm not sure if it's required, or if it's just helpful. But...
Top Bottom