• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by born_hard

1. B

Slaving a Marshall with a Suhr Reactive Load

Is there a comparison video where we can hear a Power Station in comparison with a Suhr RL (IR) in a slaved amp configuration. Especially The Suhr could be routed into the Power Amp of the Fryette, so the comparison would be only between the Load part of the Suhr to the Power Stations Load. That...
  2. B

OK, to summarize. We have a high Cut switch on the RLIR which shifts/lowers the treble response to compensate the double impedance curve. Then the power amp neeeds a damping control to control the power at the resonance frequency. This is the same as the negative feedback control or on some...
  3. B

Is the Fryette Power Station a better solution as the RLIR + poweramp (tube or ss) for slaving an amp?
  4. B

Yeah,thanks but i have already a couple 50 or 100 watt El34 amps with an effects loop. I could try these first, or is the Mosvalve SS amp mm much better? I know that i tried the Torpedo Reload some years ago, which has also an SS amp, but i didnt like it.
  5. B

Thanks Husky, 1.2ms is ok for me. Then, the newer unit is what i need for slaving cause of the Hi Cut switch. Thanks.
  6. B

Hi, greetings from Germany. Which unit is better for slaving a Marshall into another tube power amp, the original Suhr RL or the newer RLIR? I know that the newer unit has the Hi Cut switch ,which changes (cuts some highs) the impedance curve of the load. Is this achievable also with the old...
  7. B

Those that own the Wizard MC25...

Check out the Bogner 3534.
  8. B

The New Mesa/Boogie POWERHOUSE Reactive Amp Load Attenuator

Are you sariafied with the Powerhouse? Please report us how you like it?
  9. B

Help. I need an attenuator for my Super Reverb

Can you do or record a comparison with the TAD and the Fryette on an overdriven (+clean maybe) amp? That would be very helpful. Do you know if the TAD is a reactive or resisitive attenuator?
  10. B

Fryette PS2 vs Ironman II??

And any news on this topic. Which is better?
  11. B

Suhr Reactive Load (v1) vs Waza TAE recording shootout - UPDATED

Where can we see the solving of the recordings? Which recording is which load? Thanks
  12. B

Any multi-channel amps have a straight up non-adulterated 2203 channel?

Yeah, you?re the man. Come on George, please do this as your next project. A Clone of a good sounding 2203 or 2204 with added features. Just like your Metroplex. That would be a real winner for all of us. Me too, i was playing lots of similar amps, but the single channel 2203 has some magic...
  13. B

Any multi-channel amps have a straight up non-adulterated 2203 channel?

Which Stilletto? The Stage 1 oder II? Ace, Deuce or Trident?
  14. B

Attenuators and Load boxes

Hi Mike, can you tell us which reactive Load you measured in the plot No.8 ? It says Reactor+ in the plot. Is the the St. Rock React IR unit? https://www.st-rock.com/React-IR/ It also show up the natural high-end lift and low end resonance like a real speaker and like the SUHR Reactive Load...
Top Bottom