Recent content by byrdman

1. B

Eternity Voicing but Higher Gain - Stack?

Does Lovepedal make a pedal with the voicing of the Eternity but with higher gain? Or, this may be best accomplished by stacking pedals? Thanks for the help.
  2. B

Trifecta Is Great with Pedal Steel

The pick ups are Lawrence L-710s on both a D-10 8X10 Zum and D-10 8X8 Franklin. These are the newer L-710s (1 1/2 years old) with the magnets exposed on the bottom of the pick up as well as the top. They are wound to approx 20,000 ohms and to my ear are less brittle than the older model...
  3. B

Trifecta Is Great with Pedal Steel

The Trifecta works great with pedal steel. Smooth, punchy, or gritty depending on how the strings are attacked. The pedal can be set to eliminate that "sizzly" high-end that fuzz pedals typically produce with steel. Tone and sludge controls are voiced well. Setting for pedal steel: Voulme...
  4. B

Trifecta Sounds Good But Slightly Woofy

CaptRonJon - We are in neighboring states and the Trifecta is a really great fuzz especially for the price and ability to tweak the tone. This is my top choice. Without expanding, Fuzz is like women (or like men depending on your gender or preference) or should I say Fuzz is like people...
  5. B

Dave - Thanks for the reply. The settings on the Trifecta have been adjusted so that they sound fabulous. I play pedal steel and the pick-ups are very hot and I had the fuzz level a little too high. What I like about this pedal is that it does not have a "sizzly" high-end and the tone and...
  6. B

My Barber Trifecta sounds good but the low strings sound a little "woofy". The sound is not "boomy" but rather the lows lack a little "crunch". Are there any adjustments that may take care of this? Thanks.
  7. B

Barber Trifecta Fuzz is out!

David - Thanks for the follow up. I was wondering if you use a "pull down" resistor in the bypass circuit to reduce the "pop" when switching the effect in and out? Thanks again and looking forward to receiving a Trifecta soon for my steel guitars.
  8. B

David - Does the Trifecta pedal use a "pull down" resistor? Thanks.
  9. B

Is the Trifecta being shipped yet? Thanks.
  10. B

OCD Users: What are you stacking it with?

OCD stacked into an ICBM creates a smooth singing tone with perfect mids. This is really more about the OCD altering the ICBM tone and making the ICBM sound different. The OCD is also fabulous on its own. May now have to try pushing the OCD. This a good question re: OCD stacking.
  11. B

Clapton - Cream Sound Into Clean Amp

Using a clean amp, the answer for a Clapton Cream tone may be in stacking pedals rather than using one pedal and then rolling back the tone on the guitar. After experimenting further, an OCD (v3) into an ICBM is sounding pretty good. OCD gain at 1:00. ICBM gain at 10:00. Both with tone...
  12. B

Clapton - Cream Sound Into Clean Amp

Using a clean amp, what pedal (non wah) would best sound like Clapton during the Cream era?
  13. B

Fireburst vs Crunchbox vs SD Blackstar vs DragonFly

Thanks Waveman!!! Does the SubDecay Black Star have the ability to control / adjust the low end frequencies to reduce or add bottom end if needed?
  14. B

Fireburst vs Crunchbox vs SD Blackstar vs DragonFly

As far as what appear to be "high gain" distortion pedals, what are the pros and cons of the Diamond Fireburst vs MI Crunchbox vs SubDecay Blackstar vs ToneFreak DragonFly? General tone? Smooth? Crunchy? Ability to "clean up" with guitar volume rolled back? Ability to "tweak" tone...