• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by CharAznable

1. CharAznable

What Song Scared You As a Kid?

All my family is deeply Catholic. But my uncle was a huge heavy metal fan. This is in the early 80's. He was in his teens and I was maybe 8 or so. So his room is full of Iron Maiden posters. And one time he just is showing me his album collection full of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC and goes...
  2. CharAznable

This bounce track from Sgt. Pepper is unreal.

The drums sound huge and spacious during an era where most drums sounded like someone beating on a suitcase
  3. CharAznable

What is/does "VHS" sound like?

The muffled, warbly sound of the copy of a copy Live Without A Net taped off a late night airing on EP.
  4. CharAznable

Palm Muting and Tune-o-matic/wraparound bridge

Not a problem at all. I don't even think about it.
  5. CharAznable

The Spirit Of Radio — Opening Riff

Up until what part?
  6. CharAznable

Adam Jones Signature Gibson Les Paul in the works

That's absolutely dire in every way. Is it a parody channel?
  7. CharAznable

Signature guitars you like but aren't a fan of the artist.

Not really a Dragonforce fan, but if I were to get an Ibanez shred machine, that's what I'd be looking at.
  8. CharAznable

Graduation Day : Garageband to Logic Pro X

I lasted like 2 hours on Garage Band. Can't do odd time signatures or tempo changes. For me, makes it a non-starter for anything other than the simplest of sketching. Logic Pro X is the best $200 I've ever spent.
  9. CharAznable

This One Goes Out to Those "Longer in Tooth" Members of the TGP Community: Which Piece of 80s Gear Did You Feel Was the Shiznit?

I wish I had cash in the 90’s so I could buy all this stuff which was considered worthless by then.
  10. CharAznable

High quality version of Live Without A Net for those of you inclined

His tone is amazing in this show. So heavy yet clean and clear.
  11. CharAznable

High quality version of Live Without A Net for those of you inclined

As almost everyone else, I had a grainy third generation VHS copy taped from a late night airing. I wore it out.
  12. CharAznable

This is among the worst advice on here

If you have $800 to begin with, sure a tube amp But a small modeling amp is more satisfying and practical than a $150 POS tube amp.
  13. CharAznable

Adam Jones Signature Gibson Les Paul in the works

I wish I was cool as you, unburdened by knowledge