cjcayea
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings Media Albums About Post areas

• cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to drfrankencopter's post in the thread GPU audio processing? with Like Like.
      It’s worth pointing out that UAD’s first generation of “DSP” cards was actually using a GPU to run the plugins. I think a GPU based...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to eclecto-acoustic's post in the thread GPU audio processing? with Like Like.
      It's cool in that it's a potential step forward, but there are some interesting things about the computer graphics world which will...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to drfrankencopter's post in the thread GPU audio processing? with Like Like.
      Well, probably the biggest downside is that you need to code specifically for the GPU…it’s not just a simple re-compile for a new target...
    • cjcayea
      https://www.gpu.audio/ this co. had a booth at one of the yearly music tech shows, i think namm. Anyway, they presented what looks like...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to theRagman's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      Same here—I reached the conclusion earlier this year that FabFilter and Soundtoys, plus the stuff included with my DAW, cover the bases...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to Cosmo-D's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      Same here, I put a moratorium on plugins and have more than I currently need, which is about 100. I haven't bought any in about a year...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to drfrankencopter's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      Sometimes we get a little to wrapped up in a one thing does it all sort of solution space. I just watched Warren Huart’s interview with...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to Billinder33's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      That's a good point. Most of the plugins I'm leaving behind are ones I used before getting into sound design... Waves, Acustica...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to eclecto-acoustic's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      I think it's maybe important to make a distinction between "standard" mixing tools for rock music and sound design tools for genres off...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to gigsup's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      I'm in the 2-3 great reverbs camp. I'd trade 650 weirdo modulation plugs for a great algorithm and a great convolution reverb. Delay...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to Bill Dennis's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      I do this too. I will set up a chamber, a plate and something else and that's my reverb for the track 90% of the time. Delays are...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to Bill Dennis's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      Delay - Echoboy Reverb - Waves Abbey Road, IK Sunset sound and Valhalla Vintage verb EQ - Waves API 550 and Puigtec, Comp - Waves CLA3A...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to sleshnyc's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      maybe it's because i learned to engineer starting with 4 track cassettes, but even though I've been using Pro Tools since the very early...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to dito's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      Could you share your preferencea with us? I'm pretty new to the recording world. I could really benefit from your experience be4...
    • cjcayea
      cjcayea reacted to DunedinDragon's post in the thread i have 704 plugins with Like Like.
      Your advice is very timely. I converted to Ableton Live a little more than a year ago and have been on a binge of getting a wide range...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom