• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by cjp54

1. cjp54

What amps are on your horizon to purchase?

Would love to get a Mezzabarba Trinity! Will most likely be building a Trainwreck Express clone.
  2. cjp54

PSA Fret File.

This looks like the one that sells for twice the price at Stewmac...
  3. cjp54

Vintage amp service in SF Bay Area?

Skip Simmons did an excellent job on my 1960 Les Paul amp.
  4. cjp54

Sick 1955 Bandmaster

If you can’t find someone you trust locally. He’s not in TN but he’s great with old amps. You don’t have to send the cab and speakers. He took care of my 1960 Les Paul amp. http://www.skipsimmonsamps.com/
  5. cjp54

POLL: To drill or not to drill... that is the question. (1959 Gibson L-50)

I’m not opposed to drilling for this situation but maybe try double sided tape?? Not sure if it will muffle the sound but might be worth a try. However, it might do something to the finish.
  6. cjp54

Komet Amp Thread

Come on guys...more photos, please! Here's my K-19 with my Masterbuilt on the right and my personal build on the left. This amp is incredibly loud for only 19 watts. Pushing a G12H30 55hz Celestion Like said before, clean to mean with just the volume know.
  7. cjp54

Big list of Marshall “18 watt” style amps?

Komet K19 I have the K19 and the PT15 IR Both great amps.
  8. cjp54

They are still out there: Gibson Les Paul Standard 1960 Original Owner w/ tags

Beautiful guitar. But I still can’t believe that they can’t get the right color for the reissue case lining! Look at that stunning pink lining!!!
  9. cjp54

Roasted maple neck quality

I’ve purchased necks from Warmoth and Musikraft recently. You can custom order what you want which is nice from either. Warmoth seems to be a bit quicker right now. The two necks from Warmoth needed a bit more fret work than the Musikraft but that’s not a very good sample size to be meaningful...
  10. cjp54

Cheap guitar with great wood

How about a Precision Guitar Kit? https://precisionguitarkits.com/product-category/guitars/carved-top
  11. cjp54

Recommend for me a router!

A bit more than your budget but will do everything you need and more. You really need a plunge base. This is the Bosch I’ve previously purchased. You’ll need a router table eventually also.
  12. cjp54

Dual Rectifier players: Vintage vs. Modern?

Tremoverb Vintage Tube Rectifier Spongy
  13. cjp54

Hairball Audio FET 500

Has anyone built one of these 1176 comp clone? If so, what’s you’re opinion of the sound?
Top Bottom