• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by Clorenzo

1. Clorenzo

Stratocaster - Double Humbucker series/parallel wiring options

Here it is, with two tone pots: And with one:
  2. Clorenzo

I'm catching a plane to Spain (:banana :beer :banana) in a couple of hours, I'll prepare the new diagram tomorrow.
  3. Clorenzo

When you have two coils in series the connections go: Ground -> coil 1 -> coil 2 -> output That second arrow between the two coils is what I've been calling "the series link". Now, if you connect a tone control at the output, it will affect both coils (just like a tone control at the output of...
  4. Clorenzo

As usual Walter's right, but in that case I would suggest to swap the 2 and 4 positions so that 2 is inner and 4 is outer, I think it makes more sense because with the tones on 0, you get: 1 - Bridge 2 - Full inner bridge coil + bass from neck inner coil 3 - Bridge + Neck 4 - Full outer...
  5. Clorenzo

My pleasure TM, glad to be of help. No problem if you want to send it to Porter but I'd appreciate it if you wired it up first and made sure that it all works as it should. As I said, if something doesn't, please let me know and I'll look into it.
  6. Clorenzo

HSS pickup wiring...

It does: the bridge pu red+white (that would be black+white in a DiMarzio) goes to ground in position 2.
  7. Clorenzo

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. By "just one tone control" I meant one for each position connected at the series link which would only affect the first coil ("first" as in ground -> coil 1 -> coil 2 -> output), instead of one for each coil, but of course you can have a different one for each...
  8. Clorenzo

^ Actually both tone controls are disconnected in positions 2 and 4 to make them brighter and clearer, in the hope that this will make them more single-coil-ish and distinct from the 1, 3 and 5 positions. IME the normal inner in series PRS sound is quite humbucker-ish in terms of output and...
  9. Clorenzo

Thanks to Dimarzio

^ Me too. The man knows pickups and his advice was always dead on.
  10. Clorenzo

This should do it: I've assumed you want both tones active in position 3. If this makes it too dark and you want to remove one of them, just disconnect the corresponding cap from the middle lug in the Superswitch. (Edit: bare wires and wire from bridge also to the back of the vol. pot, of...
  11. Clorenzo

Depth at 1st fret for Fender Am St Strats/ Teles

Hope these help: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1207204 https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1307838
  12. Clorenzo

Cool. One last question: to get hum cancellation in 2 and 4, you need to either a) turn one of the pickups around (bridge with screws coil towards the neck or neck with screws coil towards the bridge) or b) flip one of the magnets and install them normally. Which option do you prefer? If it's...
  13. Clorenzo

I can draw you a diagram but I would need to know which wires correspond to each coil (screws / slugs), I googled it and found this but it doesn't provide all the information: http://www.porterpickups.com/community/guitar-wiring-diagrams.php Maybe you could drop them an e-mail and ask?
  14. Clorenzo

Yes, there will be a significant drop in volume, whether it's inner / outer in parallel, each pickup in parallel or series / out of phase. If you want all positions more or less balanced in volume, you may want to consider having outer and inner in series / in phase. With the Superswitch you...
  15. Clorenzo

It depends on the pickups (PAF type, high output, one of each?) and it depends what you mean by "Stratty": just "single-coil-ish" or also "quacky"? A medium output neck pu wired in parallel is the former, inner coils in parallel is the latter. A PAF-type neck pu in parallel can have a nice...