• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Recent content by Cool Hand Luke

1. Cool Hand Luke

BOSS GT-1000CORE - "GT-1000 stomp" from Boss

Using that method I could even get good results with my old GT5 . I didn't use the amp modeling, though, as that absolutely sucked.
  2. Cool Hand Luke

New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

Yes, I saw the same thing. I reported it using the new Contact BOSS/Roland form and got a response saying that you cannot save over factory presets. Thanks, Roland. I had clearly stated that the bug happened when using the stompbpx feature, but I answered back and described how to reproduce the...
  3. Cool Hand Luke

Guitar you first really wanted when growing up

Lots of cool stories here. For me it was a tie. When I discovered these two bands at 13 years of age I knew I wanted to play guitar. I had no money but that didn't stop me from dreaming, and went I dreamt it was of these two iconic guitars and all those beautiful sounds they made: The Edge's...
  4. Cool Hand Luke

That is so clever. Simple but clever.
  5. Cool Hand Luke

As @Bill Ruppert said, all the top tier units are capable of equally great tones and. I think you should look into the feature sets of each unit plus the UI and your use cases. That was what I did when I bought the GT-1000 1½ years ago. I bought the GT-1000 because of the stompbox feature as...
  6. Cool Hand Luke

Have you tried changing the assign between toggle and moment?
  7. Cool Hand Luke

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

That he did. And Steinbergers were cool. And I think they still are. I just wish that they would bring back the M-Series (at an affordable price).
  8. Cool Hand Luke

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

So sorry to hear this :( Eddie was special. Listening to him makes me long for the time when playing the guitar was allowed to be fun and didn't have to be all serious.
  9. Cool Hand Luke

Does the gain switch change anything in the model? I thought it just changed the range of the gain knob, to be honest. But if not, then I am going to do some more experimenting :)
  10. Cool Hand Luke

Anyone heard of this yet?

So you need an iPhone or Android device to use this if you want to edit anything? No thanks. What happens when the company goes out of business and no longer maintains the app which is left unable to run sometime in future once the OS on either platform has received a few major updates? I'll...
  11. Cool Hand Luke

in 20 years, i wonder what effect we'll be accused of overusing?

Tell him shut up and practice keeping the beat so he doesn't mess up your soundscapes with his out-of-time drumming! :D
  12. Cool Hand Luke

Grissom says the HX Stomp sounds more “digital” than M9?

Just goes to show that being a great guitar player does not make you immune to Signal Chain Superstition (hereby branded SCS for future use). It would only be the cable going from the guitar to the first buffer that would roll of the high end as from that point you are dealing with a low...
  13. Cool Hand Luke

New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

Another reverb tip: Put the reverb in a divider with both channels active. Set the dry level of the reverb to 0. Now start modifying the sensitivity for the path with the reverb. If you balance it right you can set it up so you get a really big splash of reverb if you hit the strings hard.
  14. Cool Hand Luke

FRFR...I have to admit I've changed my mind.

We have the X-AIR 18 channel mixer in our band. Great tool and great for personalized monitor mixes. We are two guitarists and we mike our amps up. In case of emergency I have set up the first two channels with the built in amp modeling, so we could just plug our pedal board straight in. It's...

Trending Topics