• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by cpike

1. C

Jazzguitar.be is off-line?

I have a solid top and I didn't get the email. Maybe it's based on picking style?
  2. C

"Off Minor" by Monk on Lap Steel

I'm only hearing the fun! :phones :phones :phones
  3. C

Coltrane "Africa" CD Solo

Can't stop listening to that one -- literally -- gonna be late for work! Great, great stuff.
  4. C

Jazz Blues with new Collings

Great tone -- snap and detail, but plenty of meat, too. And your blues playing is always a treat! BTW, is that a single-coil pickup?
  5. C

"Autmn leaves" on telecaster

That's a good example of making a relatively simple standard really interesting. Great playing!
  6. C

Very quick funky jazz take

Sounded like fun! Makes me wanna fake sick and go home and play (at a much lower level musically). :rockin :phones :phones :phones
  7. C

EVH Circles 'Unchained' Guitar Demo Video

Not in any way a VH authority, but that sounded just about perfect to me, both tone and playing. Pls. tell us more about the amp/cab. Great vid! :phones :phones :phones
  8. C

North Country Chill clip

Not sure what you did with the file sharing, but the track sounds great. My only gripe is you faded the ending too soon!
  9. C

Uffe Steen: Impressions by John Coltrane (impro only) with backing track

This is a vid you can watch over and over -- lots of ideas and great playing!
  10. C

A friend made a video - Jon Jacquemoud plays a Marcus Miller Tune

That's some great playing and nice tone -- thanks for posting, and tell Jon to make more videos!
  11. C

Burton Cummings was the Ron Burgundy of Rock n Roll

I haven't seen the movie(s), but based on YouTube clips, my vote would go to either Neil Diamond or David Clayton-Thomas. But let's not do this. You take down the Guess Who and BTO is next. Before you know it, Led Zeppelin is Anne of Green Gables. Where does it end?
  12. C

Ten Best Jazz Guitarists Of All Time

Considering we've already got seven dead guys on the spaceship, this could be a great zombie movie...
  13. C

Clapton at NOLA Jazz fest

Yeah, the EVH style dive-bombs and tapping at the beginning of "Chooglin" seemed a little goofy, :eek: but most of the set was allright.
  14. C

2014 Stagecoach Country Festival - My observations

Only watched a small fraction of it, but the younger guys' bands seemed to have overly loud, heavily-overdriven guitar sounds, and I couldn't understand a word they were singing. Don't get me wrong, being an old metalhead, I have nothing against those kinds of sounds, but it seemed kinda...
  15. C

Ever get a guitar shipped only in the case?

Nylon string classical-style, Spain to Wisconsin in a flimsy chipboard case, with two wraps of cellophane to keep the case shut. No damage whatsoever. Wasn't my idea (the guitar or the packing method). I have often wondered if there may be some reverse psychology at work here. A package...
Top Bottom