• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by crazyForce

1. crazyForce

Sold Matchless HC-30

Made in March 2021. I've played the heck out of it, but times change and so do living circumstances. It's black with silver piping. Comes with original tubes and will ship in the original box. The only trade I am currently interested in is a Fractal Audio FM3, in excellent condition. $2600...
  2. crazyForce

Sold Matchless HC-30

Made in March 2021. I've played the heck out of it, but times change and so do living circumstances. It's black with silver piping. Comes with original tubes and will ship in the original box. The only trade I am currently interested in is a Fractal Audio FM3, in equally pristine condition as...
  3. crazyForce

Clean platform guys....whats your go to for crunch!

I have a Soul Food from a trade like 4 years ago. It sat unused all that time until a couple of months ago. Now I’m finding some good utility with it as a low gain OD and a boost. I don’t like the gain knob above 9 O’ clock and really only adjust in the very bottom 1/4” of the gain knob’s sweep...
  4. crazyForce

Using 9's on a Fender Custom Shop 'RSD Bridge' Jazzmaster?

I took my American Professional Jazzmaster off the wall because it looked cool, kept playing it because it played great, and after trying it at home, kept it because it sounded fantastic. Love the tremolo, too. It came right off the wall with 9s, as fitted from Fender. I understand that this is...
  5. crazyForce

Are Gibson guitars that bad?

I had one of those custom shop straight-string-pull headstock double-cut LPs in the early 2000s. It was a really interesting instrument that suited the melodic hardcore/post hardcore I was doing at the time. But that's to your point: it was not a traditional LP and and brought something more...
  6. crazyForce

Are Gibson guitars that bad?

I've owned a few great Gibsons, but haven't had any for a while. Recently, I got to take one of the new SG Specials (Sparkling Burgundy) home for a couple of days to try out. What an outstanding instrument. I cannot say how it compares to the rest of the run of that model, but this guitar only...
  7. crazyForce

What's wrong with my PRS S2 pickups?

I have thought about buying another guitar, but the Mira is a joy to play and I’d rather not use that much money to address this. The Zhangbuckers and Fralin Unbuckers are supposed to have uneven coil winds to address the exact issue of low output splits. I’m very curious about those designs.
  8. crazyForce

Yeah, that's a fair question; each of those can have an impact. Since getting the new amp I have adjusted both the pickup heights and the poles. The neck pickup already sits quite a bit lower than the bridge to even up the output. However, the poles are adjusted for even string output, and...
  9. crazyForce

I should add the caveat that in the past, I haven't been much interested in the split sounds, so while I have tried the guitar with a fair variety of amps, I really only used the humbucker. I'm going in a different musical direction with a new amp, so with cleaner sounds the coil splits are...
  10. crazyForce

My S2 Mira is a great guitar. It is really well balanced on a strap, has a really good neck, good controls access, good fret finishing and is wonderfully resonant. If I replace the pickups, it will be in search of a better balance in the split signal with a little more output and hopefully a...
  11. crazyForce

NGD - Mira S2

I understand that the S2 electronics are of lower quality. To that end, I’ve replaced a crackling volume pot on mine. I am interested in trying something like a Zhangbucker with the splatt option to get a stronger split signal. Anybody have experiences with pickup swaps in their Miras...
  12. crazyForce

Which amps get your pedalboards?

That's wild, I have the same combo of an HC-30 on top of a Mesa vertical 2x12. The covering and dimensions of the two match so well, they kinda look like they were made for one another. I just refit my cab with a G12H and G12M. While I dig those Mesa V30s with most amps, it' won't raise any...
  13. crazyForce

Matchless 15 watt amps

Haha, problem is that Shaun T. makes everything sound better than I could. That's good to hear about the attenuators and aligns with what I have read so far. I think I'm leaning toward a PS2. My understanding is that the Spitfire is mellower than the HC-30, Nighthawk, or the Lightning and that...
  14. crazyForce

Matchless 15 watt amps

I just ordered an HC-30 for home playing and recording :oops:. Might do the band thing again in the future. The one reason I decided against the HC-15 was the omission of a Cut control. In all other EL-84 amps that featured them, the Cut control was very valuable. Not have the ability to demo...
  15. crazyForce

Sold Ceriatone 1972 spec 4-hole JMP 50 (1987)

Hey BDC, This is made with all of the stock Ceriatone components. It's the complete head assembled by Ceriatone. No thanks on the pre-amp, but I appreciate the offer.
Top Bottom