• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Recent content by csweldon

1. csweldon

Parlor, or parlor-sized guitars

Last year I picked up a used Maestro Temasek as a birthday gift to myself, at a steal of a price. (I actually still feel kinda guilty about it…) It’s simply a joy to play, and sounds great. Every time I bring it out to play, my bandmates remark at how nice it sounds. Maestro doesn’t have a...
  2. csweldon

Mojotone NC-1 Soundhole Pickup

Sorry for the late reply, haven’t visited tgp in a few days. Still have it, still love it. Only downside is it makes it harder to install my humidifier. Great pickup!
  3. csweldon

NGD (Eastman) and some pickup/DI questions...

An LR Baggs Anthem would be a serious upgrade and should be easy to install considering that the element is already there. It also sounds a lot more true to the tone of your guitar. If you intend to gig your (BEAUTIFUL) Eastman, I would definitely take a look. It records well, and with EQ...
  4. csweldon

Sound hole pickup for small body acoustic

The new Mojotone sound hole pickup is delightful and small. Definitely worth checking out.
  5. csweldon

What's the best all solid wood mini/travel guitar?

I’m loving my Maestro Temasek. It was used, so it was an absolute steal VS retail. It’s small, easy to play, and it’s tone and volume are both more than I expected based on its size. Case is surprisingly nice, too! Now I want a koa one…
  6. csweldon

It’s a really sweet pickup, no doubt. Mine was a demo from Sweetwater but still had the return policy if it didn’t work out. Maybe one of the shops in your area will let you test it in your guitar? It was really easy to install without loosening the strings so you’d probably be able to see...
  7. csweldon

1956 LG1 saddle material?

I’m still dialing in the height, but you aren’t wrong; new saddle is *slightly* taller at the moment, which would definitely account for some of the difference. The stock saddle was also loose and easy to remove, whereas the new one is a much tighter fit, could that be a part of it too? Like...
  8. csweldon

Update: I copped out on going straight to bone because I couldn’t bring myself to be without the guitar while I waited haha. I ordered a Tusq saddle at the same time I ordered a new sound hole pickup to test the idea out. I installed the saddle today and I think it’s a good change! The...
  9. csweldon

Finally got my NC-1 today after a week hung up in shipping and did a quick temporary install in my LG-1(it actually fits easily even with the Anthem SL volume control in place). I’m thoroughly impressed, this thing sounds great and Mojo should be proud! It doesn’t do what the Anthem does...
  10. csweldon

I took it to a good luthier pretty much as soon as I got it; I’m used to tinkering with my guitars, but it was immediately clear this was beyond the scope of my skills. The braces were fixed, a crack was repaired along the treble side (from the dreaded pickguard shrinkage, which also had a...
  11. csweldon

I hear that, and I definitely appreciate you reminding me to temper my expectations. I’m not looking for miracles, but I do think it deserves the upgrade; poor thing spent almost 60 years in an attic, and the rest of the plastic pretty much disintegrated (granted, the saddle’s plastic is...
  12. csweldon

Thanks for the help! I’ve been meaning to contact Bob about making one, but didn’t want to take the plunge if it were already bone. As far as fit is concerned, I’m planning to send him my nut to have him get the size as close as possible (less for me to mess up haha). I don’t want to be...
  13. csweldon

Just ordered one to try with my old LG1. I love the LR Baggs Anthem SL that’s in there now, but the guitar is so lightweight that it struggles with feedback from stage monitors. All my other acoustics have the Anthem (it’s my favorite acoustic pickup to date) so if this sounds good it will be...
  14. csweldon

Hey TGP! As some of you might recall, a few years back a friend of mine gifted me his sweet little 1956 LG1. It’s after the honeymoon period, but I’m still in love with this Gibby. One thing I do wish, though, was that it projected a bit more. The guitar is CRAZY light, and when you tap it...
  15. csweldon

I like the way it sounds, more in some demos than others. The high end sounds kinda thin in some of them, but that could just be variance in the installation. I definitely wouldn’t mind trying one out!
Top Bottom