• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Custom 24

1. Custom 24

Should the Stones have finally broken up after the death of Charlie Watts?

Saw them in St. Louis last night, it was wonderful. They also did a great tribute to Charlie
  2. Custom 24

NGD! Les Paul Reissue

My fiancé kept urging me “get the Goldtop. They look so classy”.
  3. Custom 24

NGD! Les Paul Reissue

Absolutely. The high E is the only string that touches the back of the bridge when I have the tailpiece all the way down (the way I prefer). But still, I perceive a looser string tension with top wrapping.
  4. Custom 24

NGD! Les Paul Reissue

Right! Lots of wave. Very 3D too!
  5. Custom 24

NGD! Les Paul Reissue

Arrived 2 weeks ago….have been playing it everyday and have been through 3 gigs with it so far. Absolutely loving it! My only other guitar with humbuckers has a trem along with hot pickups, so this is quite a different beast. It is a bright guitar…lots of bite with a huge amount of sustain. The...
  6. Custom 24

10 favourite records of all time ?

No particular order: CSNY - Deja Vu Peter Gabriel - So Hotel California Rubber Soul Chicago Transit Authority Tom Petty - Wildflowers Gaucho The Royal Scam Grateful Dead - Dead Set (live) Rush - Different Stages (live)
  7. Custom 24

What was your first live music experience?

The Eagles when I was 14. Joe Walsh blew my mind!
  8. Custom 24

Wanting a new delay pedal; All recommendations welcome!

Update: I didn’t get around to buying one yet. I did however receive an MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe for my birthday a few weeks ago. This wasn’t a pedal I was really considering, but it does sound good. I especially like the normal/bright options and the tap tempo. Still tweaking and figuring out the...
  9. Custom 24

What Amp(s) Did You Buy in 2021?

Traded in my 45 watt, 70 lb Mesa for a Deluxe Reverb. Loving it so far!
  10. Custom 24

Buyer on Reverb claims his new pickup is broken

I politely told him "sorry, there's nothing I can do at this point since a month a passed and my policy is 7 days." He comes back saying "I've been on the road a lot, and I had to wait for the lacquer to dry on the guitar...30 day warranty is pretty standard, but if that's how you roll I'll...
  11. Custom 24

Just checked in with Reverb support and they agree that it's too far past the delivery and they cannot help, nor am I obligated to provide a refund. Guess I'll tell this guy "Sorry, Bud"
  12. Custom 24

So, a month ago I sold a set of strat pickups on Reverb. They worked perfectly the last I used them. The buyer messaged me this morning saying he finally got around to installing them, and one of the pickups is dead; and he claims upon further inspection he sees that the wire is broken. I...
  13. Custom 24

The best of the best of the best lines in songs, EVER

Throw down a rope from heaven And lead the flock to water. The man in the middle would have you think that you have no other choice but to wonder in the wilderness of all the upturned faces. If you stop and listen long enough you will hear your own small voice.
  14. Custom 24

At this point, I’m kind of leaning towards the Boss DD-200. The TC Alter Ego v4 is something that looks cool but it doesn’t seem to get a lot of praise here.
  15. Custom 24

I really appreciate the responses thus far! I had some time this evening to watch some demo vids and do some research. So far I really like: -El Cap - seen it on boards for years and haven’t ever heard a bad thing about it, really. I wasn’t aware it has secondary functions. Only thing that...
Top Bottom