Recent content by dangeroso

1. dangeroso

corgan vs cobain

Ha! You got me there. I don't consider that to be the Pixies. Come on Pilgrim through Trompe Le Monde only!
  2. dangeroso

Red flags with band members….what’s yours?

... during band practice.
  3. dangeroso

corgan vs cobain

I prefer Nirvana to Pumpkins, but honestly, I feel like there were so many better "alternative" bands out there. I would rather listen to the worst Pixies album over anything by either Nirvana or Smashing Pumpkins put out any day of the week.
  4. dangeroso

Murphy’s lab AMPS here!

True. It looks exactly as I would expect it to.
  5. dangeroso

Murphy’s lab AMPS here!

Someone on here has a pic of a Matchless DC30 that was set between a vehicle and equipment trailer, and then forgotten about. It was dragged for the entire trip home, face down IIRC.
  6. dangeroso

Murphy’s lab AMPS here!

I think I can smell that Pro Reverb just by looking at the pic.
  7. dangeroso

The perfect crunch sound?

To me, crunch is a factor of just-beyond-breakup distortion on a tone that is very low mid heavy with a solid (not squishy) bottom end. And the mids are the differentiator in my opinion. Obviously there are a lot of amps that get there, but my favorite is the Bogner Helios 100.
  8. dangeroso

Set list disagreements

Original music? Do whatever you want. One of the things I love about Phish is that there is no predetermined setlist. Even the first song is discussed after they hit the stage, right before they launch into it. For cover music, I think it's smart to have an opener and have songs that cluster...
  9. dangeroso

“Factory sealed and we won’t open it”

What's this factory seal that we are talking about? The tape on the box?
  10. dangeroso

Amp etiquette question: Is it appropriate to post gut shots of boutique amps?

Dumb question maybe, but what is the point of the interior amp pic anyway? Do you guys know a lot about the components, or is it more of a cool aesthetic thing? Do people post shots of pedal interiors?
  11. dangeroso

John Mayer Sob Rock

There's some really good stuff here. Wild Blue and I Guess I Just Feel Like are good tracks.
  12. dangeroso

Deep Cuts Off Of Huge Albums

"Feel A Whole Lot Better" on Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever "Do You Think I Really Care" unreleased from Some Girls
  13. dangeroso

John Mayer Sob Rock

That's interesting. I think The Search for Everything was way better than Continuum. Haven't had a chance to listen to Sob Rock yet.
  14. dangeroso

Can't gig with my 20 watt head. What am I missing?

I’m shocked how many people apparently play gigs without a PA. It’s not even about volume as much as it is about sound distribution and mix.
  15. dangeroso

Can't gig with my 20 watt head. What am I missing?

Answered in Post 2. Mic your amp. Know any singers that sing in a band without a mic?