Recent content by Dannc6

1. D

Changing pick-ups in a Collings I35

I don't know if you can use the F holes on the i 35, LC, they are smaller than normal gibson holes. You have to pull the harness through the bridge cavity. I personally cringe at the notion of cutting lollar pickups short and splicing Throbaks in. Sell those things if you don't like them, with...
  2. D

1964 Epiphone Wilshire Painted Pickguard? Help, what should I do?!

OK, makes sense. Anybody aware of a good source for vintage correct guards?
  3. D

1964 Epiphone Wilshire Painted Pickguard? Help, what should I do?!

Recently, I stumbled across a 1964 Epiphone Wilshire refin that had been refinished and all the gibson hardware stripped off of it for $500. It plays like an absolute dream. I have a '63 SG and I imagine that these pieces of mahogany were soul sisters, sitting on a rack together at some time...
  4. IMG_1863

IMG_1863

5. IMG_1861

IMG_1861

6. IMG_1862

IMG_1862

7. D

opinions on FW interfaces for home studio

I have the Saffire,and I can't speak highly enough about it. GREAT Software mixing control, nice clean pres, expandability down the road, and SPDIF. I got one off of ebay for $325. Great piece of gear. I've had presonus stuff, including firestudio, and it's been very finnicky. Saffire 40 has...
  8. D

When relicing is not relicing

First world problems.
  9. D

Gibson LP Deluxe Mini-hums v. Filtertron/TV Jones TV Classics?

In my experience, TV jones filtertrons have been more of a one trick pony. Consistently chimey, with those spiked upper mids that accentuate that cool pick noise definition. Roll off the volume, or tone, or change from bridge to neck, and nothing really changes. Still that sound. It's great if...
  10. D

Ugliest Relicing Job from a Pro Builder?

Looks like it was in a chemical fire.
  11. D

A Stradivarius on TV

How do you leave a cello in a cab? Ha! Maybe a wallet... but a cello?
  12. D

Melodyne users

If it corrects to a wrong note, you go into the editor and drag the note to the correct pitch. Super Easy.
  13. D

John Mayer, Vince Gill, & Keith Urban...

He even uses a jeff beck sig. guitar on it.
  14. D

Keith Urban's '64 Black Strat

I just meant that if you sat in his chair with your guitar in that studio, you would be amazed at how you good sounded (IMHO).
Top Bottom