Recent content by david(j)

1. david(j)

Mesa F50 or Fillmore 25

Based on your needs, I’d pass on the F50 unless you’re using pedals for gain. beautiful clean channel, but the od channels get heavily driven pretty quick. Great for a lot of things, just not really what you’ve listed for target tones.
  2. david(j)

Walrus Audio - MIRA Optical Compressor

This thing looks fantastic. I need to check all the videos out, but the feature set and artwork had me at hello.
  3. david(j)

The Definitive Vox-in-a-Box Thread

I’ve been messing around with a Catalinbread Galileo v1. At first I didn’t really think much of it, but then I put it on my main board to really put it through some paces, and I’ll be damned if it isn’t awesome. i can’t speak to the v2, but I love the tones and range of this v1 main channel...
  4. david(j)

I can't help it...NAD: Orange Rockerverb 50

must have missed this thread when it popped up, but congrats!! how’s it sounding after a few days?? I think a Rockerverb is next on my list.
  5. david(j)

Does anyone use Eminence speakers anymore?

CV-75s in my 2x12. No plans to change them!
  6. david(j)

Boostrap pickups users (recommendations for Strat)

Not strat pickups, but I’d agree on the Pretzel Set. I put them in a parts build last year, and they sound phenomenal. That build came out really well, in general. I should play it more.
  7. david(j)

What amp has "cured" you G.A.S.?

My solution is playing through my gear. Like, really using it to write, record, gig, etc. It’s when I am not playing as much that I start to look around, and the GAS creeps in.
  8. david(j)

NPD - JHS AT+

Yep. It’s fantastic.
  9. david(j)

New Marcus King Album! Good lord so good.

Interesting and well said. I think I agree, although I’m torn between Carolina Confessions and The Marcus King Band, which has some incredible stuff.
  10. david(j)

1981 Inventions DRV pedal

It also gets gnarly when boosted through the front end by either of those. Congrats on an awesome new pedal day!
  11. david(j)

RYRA Klone incoming

Absolutely killer pedal. Fixed to my board.
  12. david(j)

Sold Supro 1310 Tremolo

Excellent cosmetic and functional shape - a small chip on the front and some slight wear on the sticker. No box, but ships with manual. $139 shipped and paypal'd. No trades, thanks.
  13. david(j)

FSOT Catalinbread Galileo MkI

Had some interest, but still available.
  14. david(j)

NPD - JHS AT+

So this landed yesterday and I had some time to check it out this morning through my 68CDR. JHS AT+... I'm loving it so far. I didn't think I'd really care about the "headroom" switch, but it's actually got some very cool variations on the theme here. I love the EQ, and the boost seems like...
  15. david(j)

Andy Timmons Pedalboard Settings on TPS

i absolutely agree. i actually just grabbed an AT+ pedal and it's been fun checking this out. the pedal is awesome, btw...
Top Bottom