Recent content by dB

1. dB

My Echopark Guitars Nightmare

The glue looks like it might be Liquid Nails or some sort of construction adhesive
  2. dB

Sturgill Simpson Cuttin Grass

wonder why he left sturgill? seemed like good gig.
  3. dB

It’s especially amazing because EP guitars have a lot going on visually to begin with...rich material palette, funky shapes, eclectic pickup configurations, etc. There’s a lot of visual candy (or noise, depending on perspective), yet the visual flaws (or wabi sabi quirks, depending on...
  4. dB

Trey Anastasio’s Beacon Jams, anyone else enjoying these ?

Yup. The Let It Grow tease in No Man in No Mans Land was cool.
  5. dB

Clever. Looks like the pedal was released in February and this thread is still the first hit. He’d have to release a huge line of pedals named after all the complaints if his goal is to create a smokescreen....The Crooked Dots Tremolo, The Control Cavity Full of Saw Dust Fuzz, The Verbal Abuse...
  6. dB

Are any other guitarists as significant as Jimi and EVH?

16 pages worth of responses would argue otherwise.
  7. dB

Are any other guitarists as significant as Jimi and EVH?

There are plenty of guitar heroes that are important to many of us guitar players and music fans...Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Zappa, Gilmour, SRV, Duane, Garcia...the list goes on and on. But have any of them really had the widespread impact that Jimi and EVH? Who else has been a gamechanger and...
  8. dB

PRS SE acoustics...what say you?

Haven’t played one, but everything I’ve heard online sounds great. They look nice, I’ll bet they’re really well built, and the price is right. I can’t stand the headstock...I wish they’d come up with something a little more restrained for their acoustic line.
  9. dB

K&k pure mini and dimarzio black Angel

I’m curious about the tonewood amp. Have you used it? At first I thought it seemed pretty cool...and then I thought it was super gimmicky. Now I’m on the fence.
  10. dB

No More Barber Pedals????

When I first joined TGP and became more aware of gear beyond Boss, MXR, Fender and Gibson, I began putting together a boutique-y pedalboard. I had a Colorsound Power Boost, an AM Sunface, an LTD and a Direct Drive. It was awesome, I could have stopped there. Of course I sold everything, but went...
  11. dB

Anyone here been to a concert by Marshmello or Deadmau5?

Are we supposed to pronounce the ‘5’ as an ‘S’? Clever.
  12. dB

TGP hive mind: evacuation playlist?

Kassi Valazza - Dear Dead Days. I’ve been way into this album lately.
  13. dB

Interesting SRV Article on the Crash

Interesting read. Sure would have been nice if one of the other pilots gave a heads up about the blindness after clearing the parking lot lights. Seems like something you’d do if you knew there were people coming behind you about to experience the same surprise. Weird to not give a warning.
  14. dB

Presumably. It's funny that even with a visually disorienting guitar like this, your eye still immediately sees that the pickup is mounted crooked relative to the bridge. Also, the volume knob is perilously close to the strings. Maybe that's all part of the joke? I'd love to see the case that...
  15. dB

Hooters' - "All You Zombies"

I saw then at the Mennen Arena in New Jersey sometime around 87. The Outfield opened up for them. Great show. I really dug the follow up album, One Way Home.