• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by deadhead

1. deadhead

Vintage Peavey wiring question

Thank you both and thank you @J M Fahey for following up for additional questions I had. Really appreciate the information and help
  2. deadhead

Appreciate the reply! The manual you provided is actually for the model that came after the one I have. I can’t find any documentation of the amp I have and when I contacted Peavey they provided the same manual. Was hoping they would have some kind of info on this amp... Thanks for the...
  3. deadhead

Hey all, I've got a pretty old Peavey Standard 240 that I am going to replace the 2-prong power cable on. Looking at the current wiring, I believe this will be a simple swap but wanted to get confirmation on a couple things.... Peavey Standard 240 Referencing the photo linked above: 1...
  4. deadhead

Volume swells via expression pedal MIDI

With my Source Audio C4 I use one preset as a dry signal 'volume swell'. Basically just using the pedal as a bypass and controlling the volume with the expression pedal. YMMV
  5. deadhead

Mattson 2 (Jared Mattson) Rig Rundown

Caught these guys at La Bodega Gallery in San Diego. Loved their stuff!
  6. deadhead

Ultimate Chorus Repair - What is this?

Alright, so I re-flowed the solder around one of the tabs that was free moving a bit (far right in photo). The connection seems to be in tact as I do notice ohms running through the place.
  7. deadhead

So if I touch the multimeter prongs to the plate itself, I am picking up and ohm reading. With this, it seems that the connection to the tabs through the board is still in tact. I did notice the third tab from the left is free moving, so I will re-solder that when I am replacing the pot. I'm...
  8. deadhead

Interestingly, I saw a video on YouTube of a guy fixing some cold joints on one of these and I noticed the plate leaned onto the input jacks of that one as well :dunno
  9. deadhead

@jdh So there are three points in which the tabs are soldered through the board. I ran a multimeter on them and they are picking up an ohm reading if I connect the prongs to the two 2 left legs in the photo below. I am getting no reading from positive on one of those tabs to ground Not sure...
  10. deadhead

Thanks for the information! Yes the unit does work now and sounds great. The reverb pot was busted so I opened it up to replace that. I did notice a bit of rattling when the volume was up, and now I know why :) I'm going to finish getting the board out of the chassis and flip it over to...
  11. deadhead

Thanks. So I had the multimeter on, positive to the plate, negative on ground. No response. With this, I am guessing this is acting as a shield to the input jacks as @Chris Kline mentioned? Looking at the service manual, doesn't look like this plate is identified as anything electrical...
  12. deadhead

Thanks If checking continuity I’m assuming I should power the amp on? With a solid state amp, could I turn it on without a speaker load?
  13. deadhead

Gotcha. Yeah I can see the little tabs where its supposed to sit into the board a bit. I suppose I can remove some of the glue and set it back upright, then glue again to hold it in place. Curious what purpose it serves?
  14. deadhead

Hey all, Snagged a Fender Ultimate Chorus over the weekend for a great deal. Had a busted reverb pot so I took the board out to replace that. In the process I noticed that this metal sheet is no longer held up by the glue and folding over. See photos below: This is fairly new territory...