Recent content by Deuterium

1. Deuterium

Soldano SLO Mini SS 30

Why don’t you take a few minutes and read through this thread?
  2. Deuterium

Iridium and the like pedal question.

I would recommend the Atomic Ampli-Firebox MkII. It is designed in USA, and the Mark Gallo/Studio Devil-based amp modeling is on par with Fractal, superior to Line 6 (IMHO) and head and shoulders above the Chinese copiers/imitators.
  3. Deuterium

Latency test of 23 amp modelers

Well heck, that additional piece of information (DAW) pretty much answers the question. I only wish you had originally mentioned that, and I would have refrained from the verbose (over)analysis. :p:)
  4. Deuterium

Latency test of 23 amp modelers

The physiological perception of audio latency, as it pertains to an individual playing an amplified musical instrument, is nothing more than a conscious experience and recognition of a non-instantaneous causal relationship between the action of physically striking a musical note(s) on an...
  5. Deuterium

Rick Beato is not happy

I appreciate Beato’s vids on theory, as well as analysis of music/songs. However, he doesn’t have a leg to stand on in this particular matter. I am of the opinion that he MAY BE a bit disingenuous about “spreading the word” and “expanding these bands’ listenership”. As other people have...
  6. Deuterium

Boss ES-8 more than 6db lower than directly into amp

@cosmicevan , @Pewtershmit Cosmicevan, when did you own and have the subject problem with your ES-8? Isn’t it possible that your problem cropped up prior to the Boss firmware fix, as was noted in Pewtershmit’s prior reply?
  7. Deuterium

Soldano SLO Mini SS 30

Brother, you are on quite the Crusade. However, please do NOT sack Jerusalem. Thanks., Jerusalem Chamber of Commerce
  8. Deuterium

Tube Screamer with more adjustable EQ

Another strong recommendation, here, for the Seymour Duncan 805. IMHO, the 805’s active EQ (with Mids control) is a more powerful tone sculpting TS solution, versus the Green Rhino, and is pretty much the bees knees.
  9. Deuterium

Boss GX-100 Incoming. I will blame Jive Turkey if it doesn’t rock the Casbah.

Doesn't the GTK floor and GTK Core use the exact same A/D D/A convertors? I thought it was the new GX-100 which employs the lower resolution convertors.
  10. Deuterium

Just played Blackstar St James 6L6 & EL34...

Imho, it is often a toss up when ordering an amp, sight unseen (ear unheard) in the Combo configuration. It may be that the qualities you don’t like in the amp are actually a product of the speaker and enclosure that the amp is integrated into. I would always recommend opting for a head...
  11. Deuterium

Anyone have experience with the *NEW* Jet City Custom Amps?

I am hoping someone here also has the 5LO, and could share their experience.
  12. Deuterium

Thank you for the reply and information. :aok
  13. Deuterium

@Pewtershmit (Boss Rep) I have been researching the purchase of a Loop Switcher. I am very interested in the ES-8. However, I have come across this thread, as well as other forums and Reddit posts describing similar issues with sudden volume loss on the ES-8…apparently due to a defect in...
  14. Deuterium

SLO-30 is the all tube amp SLO Mini is the 30-Watt solid-state amp. I am talking about the SLO-30, and am being only slightly cheeky. There really is no comparison between the USA-assembled SLO-30 and the Blackstar St. James. However, that is not disparaging the new Blackstars, at all...
  15. Deuterium

Some very positive reviews, here. So, is TGP trying to tell me to get one of these Blackstar St. James amps, and save some serious clams by forgoing my intention of ordering a Soldano SLO-30??
Top Bottom