• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by dirk_benedict

1. D

FS DSM Simplifier (*SOLD*) and EHX Pitchfork

Thanks Kevin. Pitchfork still here!
  2. D

FS DSM Simplifier (*SOLD*) and EHX Pitchfork

Hi- two great units here. Both LNIB. Minimal usage. Prices are shipped PP’d to CONUS. DSM and Humboldt Simplifier SOLD. Check out the mega-thread for more info. Great direct option. EHX Pitchfork $125. Octaves, detune, etc. Awesome pedal.
  3. D

Some of Pete Townshend's power chords are the best in the business but...

If you are looking for bluesy virtuoso leeds out of Pete Townshend in the 60s/70s you are completely missing the point of what that band and he were trying accomplish, creatively. You wouldn't be the first though. His soloing got "better" as the years went by (and he ran out of grade A...
  4. D

Always on Marshall-In a Box for base clean/breakup tone while sounds good stacking?

Friedman Dirty Shirley or a Revival Drive Compact are the best I've ever heard for this. The DLS is great too if you are playing a strat or a tele.
  5. D

Silliest made-up location in a song?

I know its not made up but the "winslow arizona" bit from Take it Easy always grates me a little for its randomness.
  6. D

Wilco "Leave You Like You Found Me" Modulation?

With Wilco and their vault of gear it’s probably close to impossible to pinpoint it exactly, but it sounds like a 2 or 4 stage phaser to me.
  7. D

Why can't guitar pickups be plug and play?

I hear your point, and I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but I personally think it’s wasted on guitar pickups, that’s all. Having done many, many pickup swaps myself over the years, on guitars of all kinds, I can say my experience is that: It is really hard to drastically change the...
  8. D

Why can't guitar pickups be plug and play?

There’s no economic incentive for guitar manufacturers to do this. That’s way. The “old style” works plenty fine, and the vast, vast majority of guitar buyers out there seem to want guitar tech frozen into a time capsule that ranges from about 1954-1969 anyway. The people this...
  9. D

Sold Boss SY-1, Boss RV-6, J Rockett GTO

Hi- The Boss pedals are like new. Neither has been out of the house. The GTO has some velcro on the back and a scuff on the front, but otherwise great condition. Original boxes and papers on all (not pictured, but happy to send you one). All great pedals, just looking to do the churn...
  10. D

Help an old guy understand the Strymon Iridium

So certainly for recording. But I like the Iridium into a clean power amp (I use a Quilter)/cab for better reliability, portability, and ease of switching from those three base sounds within a gig. I like it better than an all-in-one like a Helix or a Headrush because it integrates very well...
  11. D

Sold Fender Custom Shop '50s Relic Telecaster 1pc ash

Hi! Regrettably need to put this beauty of a Telecaster up for sale. My personal holy-grail cosmetic spec of a Telecaster (I've churned more than I care to admit o'er the years). I had a Danocaster and this at the same time, and kept this one FWIW. A couple of pick marks (but hey it's a...
  12. D

Guild Starfire III: Vintage vs. Reissue

Always wanted a late 90s Westerly Starfire. good luck!
  13. D

Surf- masterpiece albums!

Ventures Live in Japan is a masterpiece
  14. D

How Has Online Sales Tax Impacted Your Buying/Selling of Gear?

Thank you, that's helpful advice.