• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by DMichel123

1. D

Loud Pack - Original blues

j6NqJeZ_2uk&
  2. D

I played with Buddy Guy!

I have two really awesome friends here in East Tennessee that are close personal friends of Buddy's. I was at a blues society meeting and one of them suggested trying to make it happen. Of course, I said absolutely make it happen!!! I didn't see the video until over a year and a half later...
  3. D

I played with Buddy Guy!

Thanks for the kind words, y'all! I will never forget that night and it was definitely the most frightening experience of my life!!!!
  4. D

I played with Buddy Guy!

JDl7qDrP46o Tennessee Theater Knoxville, TN May 1, 2009
  5. D

Just "Jack" killin' it with soul....

Never heard of him, I'm a new fan.
  6. D

Replacing blown PA horns

Anything will be better than playing with only 15" subs FOH.... You're saying that real drivers will sound better and last longer than piezos... right?
  7. D

Replacing blown PA horns

My dad and I have been trying to figure out which way to go in replacing the blown piezo horns in his PA speakers. He is talking about replacing the PYLE PRO horns with the same thing. There are 2 in each cab. I think he should use 1" drivers and horns (one midrange and one for the highs)...
  8. D

Sean Costello

There we go... They weren't working for me. NKWIlX-VSXI ucN-N2skgws
  9. D

Sean Costello: What Amp?

I have a copy of this, and in the interview, he said he was using 12-52 on the road with Susan. When he started back playing after a month-long break, he went down to 11-42. He was using those gauges at the time of the interview and said, "I could probably stand to go up on the lower strings."...
  10. D

Sean Costello

I'm pretty sure he never did. Drop D... yes, for Tommy Johnson stuff. (Big Road Blues, Canned Heat Blues)
  11. D

Sean Costello

I'm pretty sure I met you at Preservation Pub... 3-4 years ago? You talked to my girlfriend, Whitney, more than you talked to me. You gave me a little flyer with your name and myspace address on it. :BluesBros
  12. D

Sean Costello

I'm not in that vid, Dave. I played 2 songs with him later on in the night. I haven't even seen the footage of the songs I played. As far as I know, that's the only song that Iain has edited from the show. I need to get the footage of me sitting in with Buddy Guy at the Tennessee Theatre...
  13. D

Sean Costello

Iain Martin has a couple of shows on film. I played with him at this show: DbH-X08V1Do Iain has the whole show on film. I've been waiting for Iain to get it edited, but he's a busy guy. Sean was on fire that night and I would love to revisit that evening on DVD some day.
  14. D

Jimmie Vaughn Sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb0dD3iHP8w If you don't dig his playing on this, you have NO business listening to, talking about, or playing blues. Period.
Top Bottom