• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by Doctor Morbius

1. Doctor Morbius

NGD: Fender Mustang

Very nice! :aok In the picture it almost looks like burgundy mist metallic, which is a fantastic color too.
  2. Doctor Morbius

I miss the old Guitar Center Black Friday sales...

Sure was. I remember you doing a pretty good cover of Pick Up The Pieces a few years back on one of your "many" EPIs. :aok
  3. Doctor Morbius

I miss the old Guitar Center Black Friday sales...

Yep. Between 10 to 15 years ago the gettin' was real good at GC. :aok
  4. Doctor Morbius

NGD - Black Friday deal on a Strat

Congrats! :aok I love the mid-century modern pickguards on the others too. :love:
  5. Doctor Morbius

Official Black Friday thread

Those have a 43 mm nut width too, which makes a big difference, IMO. :aok A lot of MIMs have a 42 mm nut width, which makes me feel just a little cramped when playing open chords.
  6. Doctor Morbius

Fender Strap Blocks Question ...

I'm thinking about getting some Fender silicon strap blocks and I was wondering how much it would affect my tone? :huh
  7. Doctor Morbius

Reverb seller claims Gibson puts “fragrance in their lacquer”

Now THAT'S a conspiracy theory I can believe in! :aok
  8. Doctor Morbius

Reverb seller claims Gibson puts “fragrance in their lacquer”

They use CHANEL N°5. :omg I had a Squier once that smelled like dog farts and Hai-Karate. :facepalm
  9. Doctor Morbius

Want to Change Some Things About My AmPro Jazzmaster--Kind of a Newb, so Help! :)

I have an American Pro Jazzmaster. The V-Mod pickups do NOT sound like Jazzmaster pickups to my ears. I will be changing them. Aside from that, the guitar has everything I'm ever going to want in a Jazzmaster.
  10. Doctor Morbius

Oh no, they're going after amps now too

Diet and exercise are NATURAL forms of un-relic. The others are PHAQUE!
  11. Doctor Morbius

Show me your Jazzmaster

This is a stock photo, but I recently traded into a shell pink limited with an all rosewood deep C neck. The neck is fantastic. The V-Mod pickups, however, are not. They don't sound like Jazzmaster pickups to me so I plan to replace them.
  12. Doctor Morbius

Latest on GC Bankruptcy As Reported By The N.Y. Times

Already there, man. Already there. :facepalm
  13. Doctor Morbius

NGD : Bilt Relevator with all the Fixins!

Very nice! :aok Fiesta red?
  14. Doctor Morbius

Seymour Duncan APS-1 vs. Antiquity Surfers

I personally like the SSL-1s (California '50s). Just roll back the tone knob to take the edge off.