Recent content by duaneflowers

1. duaneflowers

Cult of the Well-Hung StrapLab

Thanks my friend! Happy to comply... from left to right: 2006 Martin DXK2AE X Series Acoustic/Electric Dreadnought 2000 Gibson Les Paul '57 RI Murphy AAged Yamano Spec Goldtop {Wizz Limited Edition Vintage Wire PAF Set} 2012 Gibson Derek Trucks Signature SG {Wizz Derek Trucks Tribute...
  2. duaneflowers

Cult of the Well-Hung StrapLab

Being Well-Hung always attracts the ladies... thanks Brad for another awesome addition to the family!!
  3. duaneflowers

Can a Kemper profile a pedal such as Kingsley preamp ?

The Kemper takes a snapshot of a particular setting and reproduces it more or less exactly... if you want to profile different Kingsley settings you would have to take different 'snapshots', but each would be a faithful reproduction of the settings employed...
  4. duaneflowers

Unpowered Kemper plus a Fryette Power station Pros/Cons ?

Yes... I chose the Delta Pro for its transparency in that regard... the PS is also quite transparent... so I find it a faithful reproduction of the profile. My other channel is an active Behringer PA, which is about as FRFR as they come and with the exception of the added power behind the tubes...
  5. duaneflowers

Unpowered Kemper plus a Fryette Power station Pros/Cons ?

I use a Kemper into my Power Station v1 all the time... no issues at all and I absolutely love it into an Eminence Delta Pro-12A.
  6. duaneflowers

The Gibson “P.A.F.” Humbucking Pickup: From Myth to Reality

I believe they were all completely machine wound... the only thing done by hand was the adjusting of the tensioner. The machines all had counters, but they didn't have auto shut off, so they would try to catch them as close as possible to the required 5000 turns. This wasn't skilled labor or...
  7. duaneflowers

Indeed! That is why all PAFs sound different, while retaining their PAFness, IMHO. I've never heard a bad set, although they are rumored to exist (rumored mostly by people who have never actually owned any). They were all machine wound... nothing there that can't be replicated. I think the...
  8. duaneflowers

This is true, I'm not sure why but Gibbo P90s rawk... if they came in overwound and underwound variations there would be absolutely no need for aftermarket versions...
  9. duaneflowers

The same degree of 'contamination' was found in the magnets as well and I really think it was the impurities in those mags and wire that make all the difference in the world. The only thing consistent about Gibson is their inconsistency... and while I have a few sets of Gibson pickups that are...
  10. duaneflowers

Nice!!! How do you manage that? A secret link somewhere? ;)
  11. duaneflowers

NPD Van Weelden Royal Overdrive

The Ethos is an Amp... the RO is just an overdrive. That said, I do own both and they are indeed quite different feeling and sounding.
  12. duaneflowers

Its a PSA for a brand new book on one of the most ubiquitous pieces of guitar gear in history that seems to be being discussed on every guitar forum except this one... how is that an ad?
  13. duaneflowers

Anyone checking out the new read by Mario Milan and James Finnerty? For those interested in PAFs I do believe it's destined to be touted as the new PAF Bible... check it out if you haven't done so already... you can order it from Amazon...
  14. duaneflowers

Good tubescreamer options?

+1 Mike will tweak it to your specs... he modded my OD-9 with an 808 Silver Mod and Bad Bob Boost... it is seriously badass...
Top Bottom