• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by EastCoastRocker

1. E

Vintage boss dm2 won’t power up from power supply

It’s fixed. I meant to post this long ago. Better late than never though. I bypassed the power supply input and the pedal worked fine. It culprit was the pin inside the power supply connector of the pedal. The pin is really small compared to the diameter of the power supply plug. Even...
  2. E

Thanks for all of the detail. I appreciate that kind of answer and effort . It gets me thinking ( which is sometimes dangerous lol!) I’m going to go down to the “lab” to try a few things. yes, the alligator clips are just temporary to test the circuit by bypassing the power input jack. If it...
  3. E

Wow, great info thanks. I really wanted the schematic! I did clean the switch contacts previously and the tension on the metal contact seems good. So there Is a hardware switch inside the power jack? I’ll look for that. that’s an awesome bit of info! I’m a hack but It looks like the...
  4. E

The Weeknd Superbowl Halftime Show

You know an act is disappointing when the the topic of conversation in the room was “who is worse, the half time show or the Chiefs?“ And the Chiefs won that matchup. ( the only thing they won )
  5. E

The Weeknd Superbowl Halftime Show

I dug her, hated him.
  6. E

All diodes on the pcb appear to be doing their job. ( disclaimer- I tested them in circuit but the are acting correctly) any other ideas? Btw, I also tested continuity from the power jack to the Mobo and it’s good. Thx
  7. E

Good thinking but I tried that. Thanks though.
  8. E

Thanks! my first though was something like that in the path but I don’t know the circuit. I’ll check that today And I’ll report back.
  9. E

Thanks. I’m not sure what you mean about the guitar cable grounding. Can you elaborate? Nothing else is in the chain. With a battery it works, plug in a known good 12v supply and the pedal shuts down and won’t pass signal. thanks.
  10. E

With a battery it works fine. With a known good 12 volt power supply it shuts off and won’t pass signal.
  11. E

Thanks. I looked at that. All the connections seemed good. I suppose that I could go over them with the iron just to see if it helps. Any other thoughts?
  12. E

Hi guys. I have Vintage boss dm2 won’t power up from the power supply Port. It does work from the battery ( although it seemed to not work for a minute there). The 12 volt power comes from an mxr power supply that works fine with my other ACA compliant boss pedals. Even if the battery is in...
  13. E

Pedals you were hyped up for that ended up being a flop

That’s weird. I got a hold of one and I let Eric Johnson try it. It made him sound just like me. He gave it right back.
  14. E

Para EQ V1 Value?

Thanks. I saw a few like mine in the history search sell on reverb for around 220-250 and I was thinking around 200-210 so I’m good to go. cheers, ECR
  15. E

Para EQ V1 Value?

Thanks. Those are version 2. They have the extra non eq boost switch. Mine ( the original) doesn’t have that. I can’t find any like mine for sale so that’s why I figured I go to the experts here. I’ll try a history search though. Good idea.
Top Bottom