• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by EchoGecko

1. E

G&L Legacy - help please!

Thanks for all your help. The seller and I are going to chat tomorrow and come up with a solution. He is the original owner so I think we just have a badly fitted guitar.
  2. E

The neck has no overhang and I believe only the older Legacy models were three bolt. I wonder if the body could be a Tribute body. I do have the guitar’s certificate and everything seems to match. So when the neck was shimmed 0.02” it caused the low E string to intonate so that it’s saddle was...
  3. E

OK...sorry for the delay...little spare time. - Removed shims - Lowered the bridge pivot posts all the way then raised them a quarter turn each just to back them off from the felt washers a bit - Adjusted saddle heights about 2.5 full turns across the board as a starting point...height looks...
  4. E

Yes, definitely understand what correct intonation should look like, which is why I noted the position of the saddles. I've never seen a guitar intonate like this before. And I did put on a new set of strings. No Micro-tilt adjustment on this guitar. I guess I've gotten lucky and always had...
  5. E

Yes, it does. Seems legit to me.
  6. E

Ok - First off, I got rid of the noise. Someone had put copper shielding tape on the backside of the pickguard, soldered a wire to it and that wire was wrapped around one of the pickup selector screws. I just removed the wire and that did the trick. First thing I did was cut two playing cards...
  7. E

It is at 2/16...it was at 3/16”. Do you agree that playing cards make good shims? What have you used? If it were a bad connection, wouldn’t the noise be consistent and not correlate with the volume of the string? The quieter you pick, the quieter the noise is...and vice versa. I have not...
  8. E

Originally the bridge height was set to 3/16”, but G&L said that was an older spec, and that this one should be at 2/16” (at 3/16” the height of the action was ridiculous). I understand what shimming the neck pocket will do, but I don’t like the idea. From what I understand the necks and...
  9. E

I recently purchased a 2011 USA Legacy in mint condition. I want to love this guitar but there are some issues. I’ve already spent some time on the G&L forum but am getting little traction because the site just isn’t that busy (also I posted in the correct forum instead of the “general” forum...
  10. E

Gotten myself into an overdrive pickle...

Good posts. I plugged into the Marvel 3 for just a sec this morning at a very low volume and holy smokes...this thing is awesome and definitely has a sound none of the other pedals can duplicate. I can't wait to delve more into it. One if get coolest things about it is that it has a lot if...
  11. E

First Marshall (DSL40C)

I personally have not had good luck with greenbacks in an open back 112 cab...have you? They just sounded flubby when I tried them. Now, in a closed-back cab they are great!
  12. E

Gotten myself into an overdrive pickle...

And I bet this is an all-too-common phenomenon here on TGP. I'll cut right to the lesson: it's probably better to be satisfied with what's already working "well enough" than to burden oneself with the anxiety of finding "the perfect tone" (which doesn't exist...lol). The ridiculous amount of...
  13. E

Strange "Whine" from Bogner Ecstasy Blue Pedal??

Battery worked fine...no whine. Still not the quietest pedal ever but not too bad. Strangest thing...I swapped to a different plug with the One Spot and no whine either.
  14. E

Strange "Whine" from Bogner Ecstasy Blue Pedal??

Oh that's terrific. That is something I never expected to hear regarding Bogner. But I guess one should never buy into the self-projected image of a company (marketing). I'll contact them to see what they say. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll help. Can't help but think that the seller...