Recent content by eksfiles

1. E

12AY7 for a Vox AC30TBX??

Polite bump... Anyone know which preamp slot is for the top boost channel?
  2. E

Actually, now I am confused which is the preamp slot for the top boost channel. Isn't it the third from the right?
  3. E

If I never use the vib/trem channel, would it be smart to remove those preamp tubes? I've heard Brian May does this and it helps the amp run somewhat cooler and reliable. My main concern is really the top boost channel volume.
  4. E

Well in this case it would be the V8 slot correct? Its a british made AC30tbx so if I'm not mistaken, its the V4 slot that would be the preamp tube for the Top Boost channel. So you think V7 should remain a 12AX7? How about the V6 tube?
  5. E

Oh good heavens not all the preamp tubes! I apologize for not being clearer. I was only thinking of the preamp tubes that would affect the top boost channel.
  6. E

I need some Vox experts the chime in on this one. Could I substitute my 12ax7 preamp tubes with 12ay7's for the gain stages without causing my 1999 Korg AC30tbx any harm? I will never be able to crank it, besides I mostly use pedals for OD tones anyway. I'd like to have some more play with the...
  7. E

Fender Tele bridge pickup screws - adjustment issues

Sorry guys let me clarify skipping. Imagine your turning the screw and the pickup is raising as your turning it, suddenly it drops back a few mm even though you haven't stopped turning the screw. Wouldn't cutting it shorter make it less maneuverable to height adjustments? I replaced the...
  8. E

Fender Tele bridge pickup screws - adjustment issues

Happy New year to everyone! I've recently swapped out the OEM 6 saddle bridge of my '99 MIM fender tele to a fender 3 barrel brass saddle replacement. Tone is much more round and fuller and twangier. Here's my issue. Even before when I had the old bridge, the top screw nearest to the low E...
  9. E

Going to install a Fender 3-barrel brass bridge in my MIM tele, what can I expect

I agree. But I've been reading alot about how the tone is different than standard saddles I've got now.
  10. E

Going to install a Fender 3-barrel brass bridge in my MIM tele, what can I expect

Could I swap the barrels out for these in the future?
  11. E

Hello everybody. I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a local sale of a replacement 3- saddle brass barrel bridge on my trusty old 1999 MIM Fender tele. Shes a big of a mutt, I swapped the neck out for a USA neck with rosewood, and had texas specials installed since I bought it back in...
  12. E

Korg 1999 AC30TBX suggestions and help

Thanks to all for the valuable info. Im feeling more confident what to discuss with my tech to make sure this amp runs smoothly for years to come. If anyone else has info or experiences they'd like to share please feel free to post. Thanks again!
  13. E

I was hoping you'd chime in fiveightandten, I always follow your Vox posts, as you seem to be the local expert on this particular amp. Few points/questions here; First off, that volume pot I've already sprayed many times to no avail... My tech said he'd have a look at it and see if there are...
  14. E

Bump. I know some of you guys have this amp please help a guy out...
Top Bottom