Recent content by Ethn Hayabusa

1. Ethn Hayabusa

Ok… Ron Thal “Bumblefoot” or John Petrucci?

His wife is a veterinarian. While he was helping her study, they came across the animal disease nicknamed "Bumblefoot". He liked the name, so it became the subject of his first album (The Adventures of Bumblefoot, 1995), and subsequently his band name. Eventually fans just started calling him...
  2. Ethn Hayabusa

Go to 4:14 to hear him sing some Queen.
  3. Ethn Hayabusa

I hate competition in music, but Bumble's skill level is off the charts. He's the pinnacle of what can be done on the instrument, from what I've seen. Nevermind that he can sing in any register. Love Petrucci, for the record. Huge influence.
  4. Ethn Hayabusa

What do we think of Sammy Hagar?

How dare you speak ill of Over The Top. Have you no shame?!
  5. Ethn Hayabusa

Yeah. Half the stuff people blame Sammy for, was stuff that Eddie wrote when Dave was in the band. Sammy was just more versatile, and open minded about trying different ideas (than Dave).
  6. Ethn Hayabusa

Huge fan. I got into Van Halen right around the time that 5150 came out. I was young enough that I didn't understand the videos I was seeing on MTV for 1984, were the same band that was playing on 5150. I loved both. Still love both eras, even though I have to tune out David Lee Roth. Cannot...
  7. Ethn Hayabusa

If you could have any musicians ability’s who would it be?

Bumblefoot. Unreal ears, technique, recording knowledge, understanding of timing, experience, vocal range, general musicality and the nicest most approachable and professional attitude. Total package.
  8. Ethn Hayabusa

FIRST album that actually changed you?

Surfing with the Alien. Already loved Van Halen, Prince, ZZ Top, Duran Duran, etc. Half way through the solo of the opening track, I knew what I wanted to do with my life. I was 9 or 10.
  9. Ethn Hayabusa

Your Biggest Misconception/Revelation?

That I love teaching more than playing in public. When I was a kid, I thought I wanted to be like Vai, Evh and Satriani. Guitar magazines, endorsements and all that. Didn't know I was too introverted to really enjoy performing for others all that much.
  10. Ethn Hayabusa

Steve Morse announces his departure from Deep Purple

Steve was always positive about the gig. I have to admit, I am of the same mind as the original commenter. I never got the appeal of Deep Purple, as much as I respect their contribution. I was always happy for him, as I know he wasn't being financially compensated in a manner I believe would be...
  11. Ethn Hayabusa

Who’s your favorite 3piece band

King's X, Rush, Steve Morse Band, ZZ Top.
  12. Ethn Hayabusa

Exactly. I don't know how Steve finds the energy. The guy that followed him back to his car was persistent, but it looked like just another day to Steve.
  13. Ethn Hayabusa

so, what style of music would you say that you play?

I'm still figuring out the best way to answer that. In my opinion, it's just rock. That opinion doesn't seem to be shared by any audience.
  14. Ethn Hayabusa

He is possibly the nicest person I have ever met. I got to meet him in Orlando back in the early 2000s, when he would sit in for G3 encores. He spent so much time with me, and was so patient. I had asked for a photo. He asked me what kind of camera I was using (it was a disposable kodak thing)...
Top Bottom