Recent content by fabulusfab777

1. fabulusfab777

Revv Generator 120

I've been wanting to write about my Revv amp for a while but didn't take the time so far. Mine is a Dynamis 7-40, 2x10 combo. I got this amp in a trade last year and quickly became my #1 amp. It's a 4x6V6's amp, great great clean channel but also very nice gain channel. You really don't hear...
  2. fabulusfab777

NAD - After one month, Olsson amps Little Hill 20 head, great tones and features, relatively unknown (here)...

So in terms of dark, I think maybe a tube swap in V1 could change it a bit, but also what cab are you using it with? Mine didn't seem too dark at all, but again, can be a matter of preferences and cab. For reference, I've traded mine few months ago. I really liked the amp, but when I started...
  3. fabulusfab777

Next project, partcaster, nocaster/broadcaster style, updated!

Hey, Very sorry, I had forgot about this thread, when my guitar got finished, I started new one about it and forgot about this one. Here is the list of parts I ended up going with and also some of the reasons. Thank you btw for the suggestions above, some I didn't know of, but some I actually...
  4. fabulusfab777

NGD - My blackguard 52' relic partscaster project - Very happy with the outcome!

Thanks for the tips. I'll look at what can be done, some parts I'll try to maybe ''age'' or relic myself. In terms of logo, well, I've learned few things. It's a question of personal preferences, but I understand when you post it publicly on a forum like here it's a different story. Now the way...
  5. fabulusfab777

NGD - My blackguard 52' relic partscaster project - Very happy with the outcome!

Thanks, yeah the anticipation was quite high. I started looking and buying parts maybe early October, and overall the shipping and wait was not too too bad. It was a process I wanted to try, 2 years ago I ordered a custom guitar from a great builder (Ted Stevenson), last year I went and picked...
  6. fabulusfab777

Thanks! Yeah, I'm really impressed by the Vineham pickups. I agree with your comment re the chrome or newer looking parts. Idealy, I would have opted for all relic parts, I went with relic body/neck/tuners, but I also really wanted the compensated brass saddle, and didn't find one relic that I...
  7. fabulusfab777

I fixed my original post as per forum rules. Also I just weighed the guitar and it is officially my lightest electric. It's 6.11 lbs (2.72 kg)
  8. fabulusfab777

Just refresh the thread and you'll see the magic of internet made it dissapear!! Joking aside, I really did not thought about it that long before getting it installed, just wanted to get as close as possible to an actual 52', but I do agree the custom shop one may have been a bit much, it will...
  9. fabulusfab777

Thanks, I think MJT are making killer relic jobs, and again it's not for everyone, but I also don't like when it's too much. This would still be consider heavy relic IMO, but it does look like it could have been regular play wear. The harder thing was to find a neck that could fit with the body...
  10. fabulusfab777

I knew the logo may not be for everyone, and to be honest I hesitated as well, and may decide to remove it at some point, but the way I see it, I don't want to sell the guitar, and try to make it pass as a Fender built Tele, it is a partscaster but made to the early 52' Fender blackguard or...
  11. fabulusfab777

Hello everyone, I had posted here maybe 2-3 months back, inquiring about different parts for a possible Tele project. Well, after much research, ordering everything, bringing it to a good luthier and getting it assembled. It's finally done, and it came out even better than I expected. The look...
Top Bottom