Recent content by farlowhigh

1. F

moving to a city and so considering a Kemper

Dean, thanks for the response! I have been using guitar (instrument) 1/4" cables from main outs to Event monitors and it sounds great...haven't tried XLR cables...would that somehow sound better? glad to hear you know the Events and find them fine for this purpose. I think the set up sounds...
  2. F

wow...I am really really really impressed with the Kemper! I have been messing around with it for about a week now and I haven't even scratched the surface with all the pre-set rigs and amp profiles...and the FX are also great. I am so far just playing through some active monitors and the sound...
  3. F

Viabcroce, thanks so much! one more dumb question: in using the Monitor output for mono, would I use a guitar cable or a speaker cable? I am used to ordinary amps where this makes a large difference. I have always been very careful to use speaker cables to connect amps to cabs. for...
  4. F

thanks again for the thoughtful advice! okay, I know this is probably a dumb question but I assure you I did try to figure this out myself. It is a basic connection question for the Kemper and my active monitors (Event Alp 5). I downloaded the Kemper manual and I see that there are two choices...
  5. F

Thanks again for all the advice! I just ordered a new unpowered toaster (black) Kemper! I am so excited. I am going to see how I like the Kemper with my existing monitors (pair of Event Alp 5 active linear field monitors--or at least that is what they say on the back--not sure how linear they...
  6. F

Viabcroce, I am reading the thread on the Ambrosi power amp (standard low-powered one) and it looks like an interesting solution...and it appears quite easy to install...is there a video showing the process? is it really just some screws on the outside to keep it attached to the Kemper or more...
  7. F

wow, thanks so much for the detailed advice! I really appreciate it as this is a new world for me. It sounds like I can go ahead with the unpowered Kemper (not thinking of the rack but the "toaster") as the monitors I have might be okay and I can at least try it through the effects loop of one...
  8. F

I am very interested in the Kemper Profiler and l have been leaning toward the unpowered version and just using the return in an FX loop in one of my amps to get the power and using a guitar cab with it. I am moving to a small apartment in a city (after living in a rural setting with lots of...
  9. F

Suhr Corso owners please chime in

would definitely recommend buying a used Badger as they can be had for about 1100-1200 last I saw a few used. I too had a Corso for a while and I much prefer the tone of the Badger myself...I liked the Corso but I never fully bonded with it whereas the Badger has a simplicity and purity to the...
  10. F

BRAND NEW XITS X10 REVIEW!!!!

thanks for the really detailed review! I still have my original X10 (mine was made with a pine cab which is apparently unusual and I like it) and it doesn't seem harsh to me...very wide tonal range to me and not sounds great to me but ymmv and that sort of thing is obviously in "the ear of...
  11. F

Burriss Royal Bluesman V1 vs V2?

I have a royal bluesman I got used and I was told the previous owner sent it in for the update. I was curious what the differences were and I looked around. There is a brief video on youtube discussing the differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35aC042rwrg most immediately, the new...
  12. F

New Bogner Atma Day !

I am sure someone already said this but in regard to the lack of standby switch, I have read that it is advisable to have the amp in "vintage" mode when starting up as that somehow helps protect the amp in ways similar to a standby switch. I agree this is a killer amp!!! definitely one of...
  13. F

mesa triple rectifier won't play loud, its plays very quietly is it the tubes?? Newb

Gishlullmoon, I am not sure you have understood the importance of using a speaker cable in connecting the speaker to the amp. A speaker cable is not the same thing as an instrument/guitar cable. They are not interchangeable. Are you using a speaker cable to connect the speaker to the amp...