• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Recent content by fechart

1. fechart

Show Your Superstrats!

Thanks! Job was done by a Luthier, I did everything else, circuit design, wiring, etc
  2. fechart

Show Your Superstrats!

These are 2 of them: American Deluxe Strat that I modded, and a pimped Kramer The 84
  3. fechart

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

Lots of sh*t going on, but that's my style
  4. fechart

What is the most inspiring High Gain amp you ever played?

I haven't played many, but my 100w EVH EL34 is beastie AF. Mean, aggressive, raunchy, sleazy and of course... Inspiring
  5. fechart

UPDATED: Pedalboard Design Inspired by Temple Boards

Some more pics with pedals on board
  6. fechart

UPDATED: Pedalboard Design Inspired by Temple Boards

Weird that I'm resurrecting this thread, but I got lots of amazing feedback and nice words while building this board, so I thought I'd show you how it evolved nowadays... I installed a new steel sheet with a laser-cut holes pattern and painted it with some stealth EVH stripes. Lots of news...
  7. fechart

Pedal to add a bit of hair

Have you tried a Klon style pedal? I have a J Rockett Archer and it's fantastic. It has so much headroom that you have a lot of range before "adding gain". Within that range you have a lot going on when using it as a booster. For example, when you dial a pristine clean tone in your amp, this...
  8. fechart

Hagerman Boost with EF86 tube. Anyone tried it?

Those SV are amazing! Does the booster take it to Van Halen territory? I noticed on Pete's demo that tone gets maybe a bit too thick for that sound.
  9. fechart

Pedal to add a bit of hair

There are thousands of pedals that will give you what you want, and they'll all be a little different. But... Have you tried running your amp hotter and using your guitar's knobs? This is much better than using a pedal to add something extra to my ears, and allows you to lower the height of your...
  10. fechart

That's great! I'm really interested, never had a tube driven pedal. I'm trying to get more gain out of my 50w Plexi Reissue, but I don't want to mess with mods, so I guess this pedal is the most similar possible to adding another gain stage in the amp. The part where Pete plays the Komet on...
  11. fechart

Pete Thorn's demo blew me away, especially when he runs it in front of the Komet! I'd love one of these in front of my Plexi... Anyone owns this pedal? Pete's demo:
  12. fechart

What are the Tube Pedals that have blown you away?

Hey guys anyone tried the Hagerman EF86 Boost? Pete Thorn's demo blew me away! I want that thing in front of my Plexi Here's the link to the vid: https://youtu.be/K6r9ovfnh6o
  13. fechart

Impact of a Floyd Rose trem in the sound of a strat

Hey! That was a great read! Actually my guitar has a steel block. It's the Deluxe 2 Point Synchronized trem. Now I started suspecting that the trem is the reason why the guitar feels boomy amd lacks a bit of mids... So maybe the floyd is actually an improvement! Haha. Thanks bud, and keep up the...
  14. fechart

I have both in my guitars, they all work perfectly if you really know how to set them up (Ive been doing that myself for years). I agree on the Dtuna! I blocked one of the recessed to use the Dtuna, I'm more of a dive bomb only guy anyway haha
  15. fechart

Interesting, I was thinking of recessed, because I wouldn't like to shim the neck, but on the other side, I prefer Floyds set up for dive bomb only. If I do this, that will be a tough decision to make. BTW I know you can go floating or dive bomb only when not recessed. I'd like your opinion...