• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by Felixun1

1. F

Strat bodies with swimming pool route vs 3 single coil route...

I had a legacy with the swimming pool route, and it aounded just as good or better than any traditional -rite strat i've ever had,
  2. F

How do boutique pickups (Lollar, Fralin etc) compare to traditional Strat pickups (SSL-1, Fat 50s)

I don't think most audience members could tell much difference between one pickup or another. But we don't obsess about this stuff for the audience, we do it because it makes us happy. So if you're curious about boutique pickups, go for it. The good thing is, you can usually recoup over 50% of...
  3. F

How come Jeff Beck never became a household name like Hendrix, Clapton, and Jimmy Page?

I just think he's always strove to be a "pure" guitarist, regardless of genre. I don't think he ever wanted to sacrifice any of that focus to pursue a wider audience. If that's true, he stuck to his principles and became one of greatest players the world has known.
  4. F

Sold B.K. Butler Tube Driver with Bias Mod

Used less than 2 hours, never left my home. I bought it new from Butler on reverb but find myself over-invested and need to let this go. Includes original packaging and paperwork. https://reverb.com/item/14845178-b-k-butler-tube-driver-with-bias-mod-2019?publish_confirmation=true
  5. F

Strange SG thoughts?

Pretty dang strange.
  6. F

Any of you blues players who play live with different tunings....

I saw Ana Popovic recently, and she just re-tuned on the fly, several times, when she wanted to play slide, no big deal. Only took a minute or so and she would chat with the audience while doing it.
  7. F

Best Strat Style under 1000 dollars.

+ Used Fender Am professional.
  8. F

Guitar builders from Minnesota?

I would check with Ted Vig over at Vig guitars in st. paul. Nice guy and very knowledgeable about all things guitar around MN.
  9. F

How to deal with hand pain related to playing guitar?

One guy I know swears by turmeric, the seasoning. You can buy it as a supplement or just go to a good spice store and buy some, mix it with water. It's also supposed help with muscle and joint pain all over. I haven't tried it yet myself though.
  10. F

Why do I ‘need’ a Revstar?

Because I'm selling one.
  11. F

Fender strat - entry level custom shop or am professional

I got an am prof a while back and have been very pleased with it, except I did put tex special in it because I like them (the stock pickups were not bad at all). Now I'm thinking about getting another one to put more vintage sounding pickups in. This strat stays in tune better than any guitar I...
  12. F

Ilitch vs noiseless pickups - latest TGP thinking?

I tried just about all the noiseless strat pickups out there, and was never satisfied. Then I tried the Ilitch backplate, and while it did remove some noise, I was disappointed at the noise I still got. (Quite possible that genius boy did not hook it up right, though I checked it several times)...
  13. thesepedals

thesepedals

14. F

Sold Yamaha Revstar RS620 $525 shipped

$525 shipped in con. US for TGP'ers. https://reverb.com/item/14017426-yamaha-revstar-rs620-brickburst?publish_confirmation=true
  15. F

Strat-single coil-sized humbuckers...your thoughts???

Of course! Whatever you like makes sense.