Recent content by FenderGuy53

1. FenderGuy53

Martin D-16E: Your Thoughts, Please!

I recently sold my 2017 Martin Custom Road Series DCRSGT and I'm now looking to upgrade. My search had narrowed to the Yamaha A5R and the Takamine P2DC, either of which can be had for $1399/shipped; however, I just stumbled upon the Martin D-16E and I have to say that I'm intrigued - plus, I...
  2. FenderGuy53

Fender Mexi standards (Player series)!

Yes, of course. ;)
  3. FenderGuy53

You are correct! My bad. Apologies. Still, seems crazy to be paying $699 for an import.
  4. FenderGuy53

Fender Player Series Tele's have been $699 MAP since they were introduced in Summer/2018! :rolleyes:
  5. FenderGuy53

Cheap 24.75 guitars with actual mahogany necks and bodies?

What quality pickups and electronics are in the SE245?
  6. FenderGuy53

Sold 2019 Fender Player Series Telecaster $475

So, hopefully, you got home okay. May I also presume that you're Tele isn't what you said it is, or that you not interested in selling? Thanks for getting back.
  7. FenderGuy53

Sold 2019 Fender Player Series Telecaster $475

I have not seen a Fender Player Series Tele in this color; where was it purchased? Will the original 'case candy' be included (e.g. , hang tags, wrenches, stickers)? I have read that this particular 'special run' model had early production issues, in particular, misaligned nut slots (especially...
  8. FenderGuy53

New Blues Cube Hot (British EL84 Modified)

1 left, and it's used, but MINT, for $368/shipped!
  9. FenderGuy53

Solid State Home Studio/Small Gig Amps

Solid state amps have come a long way in the past few years, giving us "retired" folks the opportunity to continue to get great tone, at less weight, for less money, and low/no maintenance. I know there are several, if not many, smaller, boutique and "niche" amp makers out there, building some...
  10. FenderGuy53

NEW State of Solid State: Roland JC-22/40, BC Hot & BOSS Katana 50

Never needed that much volume - and if I ever did, I have my trusty Peavey Bandit 112 combo!
  11. FenderGuy53

NEW State of Solid State: Roland JC-22/40, BC Hot & BOSS Katana 50

I tried a Katana 50 at Guitar Center a while back. Well, it sounded great - way better than the Orange Crush 35RT that I had tried a week earlier. Very pleased with all facets of the Katana 50 - sound, versatility, weight and price (got it on sale)!
  12. FenderGuy53

Yamaha: AC3M/AC3R with System 63 SRT vs. NEW AC3M/AC3R with SRT2?

hunter, I currently own a Martin DC16GTE, and I must admit that I do like the added capabilities of it's "barn door", so point taken on that one. Most of the demos that I've heard of the older Yamaha "barn door" versions (mahogany AND rosewood) sound great to MY ears. I'll try to find demos...
  13. FenderGuy53

Yamaha: AC3M/AC3R with System 63 SRT vs. NEW AC3M/AC3R with SRT2?

I drove 30+ minutes to our closest guitar shop to play these, but they had none in stock! Has anyone played these side-by-side? They're the same price, i.e., the two mahogany versions are $799 and the two rosewood versions are $899. The major differences between the previous and newest...
Top Bottom