Recent content by Fixxxer

1. Fixxxer

Am I the only person on Earth that cannot bond with Mesa amps?

Mesa boogies for me are my favorite amps, specifically the Rectifier series. I own a 94 trem-o-verb. That amp is great. I get really nice bluesy tones in the first channel as well as a killer clean, and the second channel is a great modern tone. To me, i'd put it up against any gain channel...
  2. Fixxxer

Road KING SWOOSHING Sounds

Hey Gang - took a little break from playing, and now dusting off my gear. My road King sounds absolutely MEAN AND NASTY as it should. What I'm experiencing is as follows: Its dead silent on channels one and two. They are set to tweed and fat respectively. On Channel 3 (Modern) and Channel...
  3. Fixxxer

James Tyler Guitar Options - Help

Hey guys, I'm looking hard at the Tyler Studio Elites and Burning waters. I can see on the website they offer a lot of options, but what is the "stock" Tyler build? From what I can tell the difference from the burning water and the studio elite HD is the paint job. Also, any pickup...
  4. Fixxxer

Tyler Guitar - Boost Option

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.
  5. Fixxxer

Tyler Guitar - Boost Option

Hey Everyone, I've been looking at Tyler Guitars and really REALLY like the feel of the necks. I was messing around with one of the Studio Elites, and it came with a built in boost. For the Tyler owners out there that have this, do you use it and find it functional? For the Tyler owners...
  6. Fixxxer

Favorite compressor and why?

Diamond. I leave it on, and its awesome.
  7. Fixxxer

Diamond's Customer Service

Refreshing company. Met the owner at the Maken Music Tonefest in 06. Nicest guy ever! and they make killer stuff.
  8. Fixxxer

Men, have you ever had an unbelievable experience with a tube?

I disagree with this one. In my roadster I can tell and in my old dual recs I can tell as well. When I had the RK v 1 you could definitely mix the sound and hear a difference. That said its still a mesa voicing but you could tell the difference from a 6L6. From what I remember mesa...
  9. Fixxxer

I play les Paul's too. So I'm doomed.
  10. Fixxxer

I play Mesa's so I don't know what good tone is. That said, No. The Mesa tubes are just fine to me. Discuss.
  11. Fixxxer

can active pickups be converted to passive???

just buy a new set of pickups, no need to do this.
  12. Fixxxer

Mesa Boogie out of GC?

I was told today from a manger at guitar center that Mesa is indeed pulling out. Rumored that its a dispute (shock) over the pedal distribution / stocking. Mesa wanted them to stock / pre pay for a bunch of pedals, and guitar center felt differently. That combined with the overall financial...
  13. Fixxxer

2012 LP ID Help Please!

Gibson has shipped guitars in the past with different knobs. I would not get hung up on this. Looks like a great guitar! Good luck