Recent content by flimz

1. F

Is there a BOSS GT-1000 Type "CURNUM" Setting for Helix?

No. And that's exactly why I use my MS-3 to control my HX Stomp. For the awesome Current Number functionality. I greatly depend on that specific function.
  2. F

First gig with the Amp1 tonight!

Which Amp1 version did you use for that gig?
  3. F

I have recently acquired both the Amp1 Iridium and the Mercury boards. Questions?

Agreed. I have been happy with the Stomp/PS170 rig I've been using, but these seem to get rave reviews. I would need to combine it with the Stomp for effects etc. Thats why I'm waiting for more news on the Amp X.
  4. F

I have recently acquired both the Amp1 Iridium and the Mercury boards. Questions?

I really want to try one of these, probably the Iridium. Don't need the heaps of gain, but I like the low end tightness. Seems like you can lower the maximum gain range with some programming. Useful, so as not to always be in the "bright cap" zone with lower gain settings. The Amp X looks like...
  5. F

Jimi’s old Marshall head: Comes w/ 3 letters of Authenticity- $250K

Doesn't matter who buys it. UPS will still drop the damn thing.
  6. F

Official Quad Cortex Owners Discussions

Can someone chime in about the Univibe in the QC? How does it compare with the Helix or Fractal univibe? What parameters are adjustable? Thanks!
  7. F

what speaker to mix with a g12h-75 creamback in an open back 2x12

Ive tried a mix with the Creamback 65, and also Redbacks. I liked both pairings, but gave the slight edge to the Redback.
  8. F

TC Electronics BAM200 class D bass head = Duncan Powerstage Killer?

Does the BAM stay "clean" at high volumes? Or does it impart its own type of breakup?
  9. F

Are you still using your MS3?

Before I started using the HX stomp, I used the MS-3 as a multi effects with my tube amps in 4cm. It's great!
  10. F

Yes. Ergonomically its perfect. And it has that 2nd press or "current number" functionality, which for me is indispensable with the HX stomp. Plus...it has fantastic effects, should I need. But for right now, no signal passes thru the MS-3.
  11. F

I am...but only as a midi controller for my HX stomp. ;)
  12. F

My Bogner Bunch! Come on in, Bogner Lovers!

You can get lower gain tones in Hot mode and keep the gain really low. It's not quite the same as the Plex input on the standard Helios. The Eclipse is definitely geared towards higher gain.
  13. F

GF 90...interesting amp with a lot of very cool features, making it super versatile. Great classic rock overdrive. Fantastic cleans. Shiva 20th...closer to where I wanted to be. Tighter gain, and more gain. Signature Bogner low mids. Still fantastic cleans. Ecstasy 20th...for me, way better...
  14. F

Had...Goldfinger 90, Shiva 20th Anniv, Ecstasy 20th Anniv, Helios 100. My current rig...Eclipse 100 with Custom Shop cabs. Love Bogner amps!!
  15. F

Helix 3.1?

My stomp does this too...every time I boot it up.