Recent content by fridgit

1. fridgit

EVH 5150 Combo Power Soak Feature?

Honestly I’ve always used my THD Hot Plate with my 50 watt head. Not to get power amp breakup, but the tone does become fuller the higher you turn up the volume, IMHO. I have my volume set at around 9:30-10:00 with my Hot Plate adjusted as needed. I like the sound and feel better with each...
  2. fridgit

The best of the best of the best lines in songs, EVER

“You can surrender Without a prayer But never really pray Pray without surrender” “She give me her monkey hand And a rambler sedan I'm the king of Milwaukee Her juju beads are so nice She kissed my third cousin twice I'm the king of Pomona And I've got something to say”
  3. fridgit

MIDI channel changes for MS-3 to 5153 (MIDI experts please help!)

Thank you so much again! This totally fixed my issue!!! :dude:dude:dude
  4. fridgit

Thanks! I will try what you suggested. Question (for anyone): when doing a MIDI reset on the 5153, how long do I hold down the button for? Also, do I power up the amp with the standby on or off?
  5. fridgit

MIDI programming help needed (MS-3 & 5153)

I’ve actually watched your video! Thank you for replying and helping. I see that you take it out of programming after seeing each channel - I may try this. To answer your questions: 1. Why do you think it's staying on the green channel if the leds are changing colors? Not sure TBH. I’m not...
  6. fridgit

MIDI programming help needed (MS-3 & 5153)

I posted this in the Amps & Cabs section and I’m not sure that was the correct place? Mods, I apologize for the double post. Please delete whichever thread is in the wrong spot? Thanks! So, after many internet and TGP searches I am still having issues programming my Boss MS-3 to channel...
  7. fridgit

Hump day bump! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
  8. fridgit

So...... after many internet and TGP searches I am still having issues programming my Boss MS-3 to channel change my EVH 5153 amp. I'm pretty sure it's user error (being a first time MIDI user and all...). I have been attempting to program the channel changes via the instructions provided by...
  9. fridgit

Did You Ever View a Particular Guitar as Being Completely Out of Your Wheelhouse (no matter the reason) Only to Find That It Played/Sounded Great?

I just picked up a Dean Z (Eric Peterson model). My first Explorer type guitar and my first Dean, first time EMGs and my only 24.5” scale length guitar. The fit and finish are flawless. The guitar is a little bit on the heavy side (not a bad thing). I didn’t expect to enjoy the EMGs so much...
  10. fridgit

Mesa ..anything new on the horizon

A smaller 50 watt Mark V with 6L6s...
  11. fridgit

Your favorite 6v6 amp?

I second this. This amp takes drives and fuzzes as well as delays and any modulation effect I’ve thrown at it. I now play mostly at home and the ability to switch it down to 15 Watts is a huge plus. Gigging - no issues keeping up with a hard hitting loud drummer and using the post fx knob as my...
  12. fridgit

Positive Bogner experience

They verified that it is ok to substitute the tube and will not hurt the amp. So far not a huge difference tone wise and still feels and sounds great - maybe a little smoother feel? I only had about a half hour playing time with the 12ax7 in V4. I’ll get to play a little more today...
  13. fridgit

Positive Bogner experience

Yeah unfortunately the conversation was pretty quick and I didn’t catch his name but he was VERY helpful!