• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by funkycaveman

1. F

Your best choice for tape slap back echo in a pedal.

It could be that I didn't spend enough time with it. With all the parameters on the TF I'm sure there are quite a few settings I missed. The tape settings I tried still sounded like a crisp digital delay. The high end on the effect could be rolled off but instead of making it sound warm it...
  2. F

Your best choice for tape slap back echo in a pedal.

Another AD-80 lover here! Sounds the closes to my solid state Maestro EP. I also get some nice, clean slapbacks out of my dd-3. It gives more of a modern country than rockabilly slapback but still sounds good. I didn't really care for the Timefactor's tape delay.
  3. F

Leslie or Rotating Speaker on MM-4

I actually like the leslie sim on the mm4. I guess I'm in the minority! I dial in the preset and the only thing I change is I slow down the speed. Otherwise, it sounds fake and terrible. I really like how it sounds at slower speeds however. With an expression pedal you can slow down and...
  4. F

I scored a RC20XL for cheap!!!

This must be the week of crazy deals on loop pedals! I just scored a digitech jamman for $159 out the door! Congrats!
  5. F

Boss RC-2 quantization

I ended up going with the Jamman. Got it for like 50% off at a New Years blowout sale! So far, I couldn't be happier. Works well with different time signatures. Still experimenting. Timing the overdubs is a little bit tricky!
  6. F

Boss RC-2 quantization

So do you all think the jamman would be better for looping odd time signatures? I was originally leaning toward the jamman but I had read that it affects your tone more than the Rc-2.
  7. F

Boss RC-2 quantization

Hey all! I've been trying to get some more info on the RC-2's quantize feature. This seems great for most loops but I have stuff I want to loop in other time signatures (6/8 for example). Since the RC-2 only can quantize to 4/4 and 3/4, I am hesitant to purchase it. Obviously, I don't want...
  8. F

Eventide Timefactor noise?

Thanks for the post Teahead! I agree that the "hiss" isn't unbearable. It is only noticeable for me at high volumes. Since I like to run an AC30 at high volumes (love how those amps open up!), I usually have a noise floor that I need to keep in check so the extra added by the TF (even...
  9. F

Also, the noise floor boost is the same if I have buffered pedals before the TF or if I just run guitar into TF into amp. I have tried guitars with both single coils and humbuckers into tube amps and into a POD. All scenarios produced the same results. Has anyone tried the test I suggested...
  10. F

Thanks for all the feedback! I am running buffered pedals in front of the timefactor. The levels are set properly for guitar and amp. To those who have 0 noise. . . have you turned your amp up and switched between DSP and Relay modes while the pedal is in bypass? You can't hear a boost to...
  11. F

I went into tape echo mode and turned the xknob and that is definitely not the hiss I am hearing. It sounds like I have a boost pedal active when I switch the TF on when the amp is at loud volumes.
  12. F

Hi. Thanks for the replies. If you turn your amp up (you can leave the guitar volume off) so that the amp's normal noise floor is audible and then switch bypass mode from DSP to relay and back you can not hear the increased noise floor in DSP mode? BTW, Eventide's customer support is awesome...
  13. F

Hi all! This is my first post here! Woo Hoo! I have searched for timefactor info and this is where I always read the most useful comments. I finally got one and, mostly, I am very happy with it. I wasn't expecting such cool modulation along with the delays! I am wondering if anyone else is...
Top Bottom