• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by g0phish

1. G

New Strat Recommendations

Must be new. Price: up to $1200 new. $1,500 if there is an overwhelming reason. Certainly would buy a $500 if that’s just as good. 3 Single coils. Strongly prefer American if possible. Neck feel is important I really like the modern C neck found on the Mexican fender performer. I was just...
  2. G

Guitars w/ Necks similar to Fender modern C

I played a fender performer strat recently and I’m about to pull the trigger on a new guitar. Loved the neck, and played great. My only hesitation is that I felt that $750 for a Mexican strat seemed a little much. I am not sure if that is where the market is now or if you’re just paying for...
  3. G

People who built Warmoth Guitar with little technical abilities....

I’m weighing my options on getting my next strat style guitar. I want to get a strat to eventually give to my son. I’d like the quality to be on par with Carvin or American strat. What was your experience the first time you built a warmoth guitar? How idiotproof is it? I am more of a computer...
  4. G

Stiff, (preferably not leather) strap recommendation....

Any brand recommendations? I want to get a couple replacement straps. I don’t like the ones that bunch together or twist up easily that come typically with the ones that designs. I have a levii and Dunlop strap that are nylon but thinish. I’ll settle for those if there isn’t something else...
  5. G

Envelope filter preset help - Helix

I’m new to my helix HX, and I’m having a little trouble dialing in a decent auto wah. There are so many parameters. The treble can get overbearing, and when I try to make adjustments, i remove all the fun, and quack out of the pedal. I just want something I can strum funky rhythm, and possibly...
  6. G

HX Effects Question about Volume...

Thanks. You’re right. It’ll act like volume was set at 5. I have a Princeton reverb. No loop. I guess I’ll get an accentuator at some point. big help. Thanks!
  7. G

HX Effects Question about Volume...

If you used one of the effects as "volume" and defaulted it to, say, 50% volume, and always kept it on, would that act like a global volume setting? Basically, I have a fender reverb that I'd like to set around 4.5-5 to get a natural breakup. I am hoping I can run my guitar through he HX...
  8. G

Are there any versatile alternatives to the PRS hollowbody?

9fingers, I've been on the fence about getting the new version of the M900, Cort m-custom (for some reason I only see them being sold in Europe) Are the f holes chambered or is it more like the prs hb2 where there is just a small block, and the rest is hollow. Overall, I'm just curious whether...
  9. G

Trey Anastasio tone - help me get it - pedal order game...

Any actual guitar recriminations, especially for that clean, airy sound? I'd especially like to see Schecter C1 e/a, and some of the ibanez artcores, like the Awd or fwd series. The Eastman t184 seems like a good option. I've only heard samples on YouTube. Any others?
  10. G

EDIGREG's Koa Equator Instruments Standard Build

I'm not sure how soon I'll be pulling the trigger on my guitar, but keep me posted. Your equator looks amazing so far. I hope to one day get a completely custom guitar. I did a carvin, but there were only so many designs to choose from... Two other quick questions, if the neck is thicker than...
  11. G

EDIGREG's Koa Equator Instruments Standard Build

Congrats on your build. I saw your YouTube channel. Are you just upgrading or was there something about the t184 that didn't do it for you? How was the neck of the eastman, like a strat? I'm am looking at getting an eastman t486. It sounded like the tone was spot on with Treys... Was it not?
  12. G

Can someone explain fretboard radius/thin necks?

Thanks guys. That was very helpful. 12-14", and definitely a thin thin neck for leads/wankery!
  13. G

Can someone explain fretboard radius/thin necks?

Ultimately I'd like a semi hollow/hollow with a neck that's easy to play fast/shred/play notes instead of chords. I read that a 16" or 14" fretboard radius is good for this (my carvin has a 14", & I agree) So I was looking a schecter online that wasn't available at my locL store. It has a...
  14. G

Flat neck/shredder Semi-hollow?

I’m looking for a semi-hollow/hollow guitar with a shredder neck that is smaller than a ES355. My budget is around $1000-$1500 range, but I’d prefer to get a used beater guitar in the 200-600 range, & swap out the electronics/get set up professionally. I’m currently have Schecter c/sh-1...
  15. G

Carvin guitars, compared to Fender and G & L

I wouldn't put them in the mediocre group. I own a HSS Strat version which I use as my workhorse, and a CT-6, which is like a PRS. Very good for the money. Well built, nice finish
Top Bottom