• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by geetarplayer

1. G

Fractal AX8

Bought one when they first came out, added a BigSky reverb, and I'm done buying gear.
  2. G

Amp-in-the-room with the Kemper? Hell yes (clip inside)

And when you play a big venue, mic it with an SM-57, and it sounds awesome through the PA !!!! ;-)
  3. G

Kemper: Stereo or Mono Monitors on Stage

If your FOH is mono, I'd stick with mono. I'd want to hear what's going to FOH.
  4. G

"All the Pretty Girls" - Tone

Love the tone on the intro here. It sounds pretty standard. Where do you start? Single coil/humbuckers? And what family of amp? Thanks.
  5. G

Pops and clicks when people start walking around

Hi. I just nailed down the symptoms of an issue I've had from time to time when playing in church. I play a VG Strat through an AX8 - direct to FOH. I've lately noticed that I get snaps, crackles and pops when I unmute everything, but only during Communion, as people start walking around the...
  6. G

Strymon Nixie (Editor for Timeline, BigSky, and Mobius)

Any news on the first release of Nixie?
  7. G

Fractal AX8 Discussion Thread

I have one and love it!
  8. G

Amps that mix Fender and Marshall tones?

Mesa TA-15 and TA-30.
  9. G

Are modelers dead yet?

Are modelers dead yet?
  10. G

delay pedal users

Extremely long (I think I use 1800 ms) settings are great for swells. Lots of gain, long delay setting, and a volume pedal. Sounds like a sick whale.
  11. G

Tuned to Eb, but capo at 1?

Some may do it to relieve stress on the neck, but I doubt that's the case with Keith.
  12. G

Are tube amps dead yet?

Yeah, I had an amp like that once, too.
  13. G

It's kinda sad how many people waste their youth chasing a music career

From the time I was 9 to when I was 16, I was dead set on becoming a rock star. One morning I was riding the bus to school, and it hit me... "no - that ain't gonna happen. Start thinking about something else to do that is actually feasible".
  14. G

I am shocked at how bad this is

Reverb and delay on the vocals would have gone a long way.
  15. G

EVH on SNL '87: High Quality

Those look like FRFR cabs behind him, so I guess he was using an AxeFX2. :-)
Top Bottom