• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Recent content by Glowing Tubes

1. Glowing Tubes

I don't understand PRS hype

I had (and very regrettably sold) a PRS DGT and it was a fantastic guitar. Thank goodness we have choices as players to use the tool that inspires us.
  2. Glowing Tubes

Tone difference between steel and brass barrel saddles on a Tele

Thanks for the responses. Think I'll try the brass on the the D through high E's and see how it goes.
  3. Glowing Tubes

Tone difference between steel and brass barrel saddles on a Tele

Can anyone speak to this. I've had steel on mine for a very long time and love it but have had a set of brass ones here that I've been curious to try too. What kind of difference could I expect by changing them if any? Thanks!
  4. Glowing Tubes

Neck shim or no neck shim that is the question

Great advice here. Ok so I adjusted the neck a bit more this morning and adjusted the saddles too. Yes it's due for a fret job and a new nut for sure. Way passed due. It's been parked for a fair amount of time because of that. I need to save for it. In the meantime, it buzzes on the lower...
  5. Glowing Tubes

Great advice from you guys. Thanks so much. I'll post a pic, it's a very weird bridge. The buzz is minimal, the action at the higher frets is higher than at the nut. I'll play with the saddles. I adjusted the neck a tad too as I think it was too straight (Great advice). John, I tried to PM...
  6. Glowing Tubes

I have a '84 Strat that I've owned since new, it's a bit buzzy, the action goes up towards the bridge and the neck is straight. Someone told me to shim the neck so I have a couple questions about doing that. 1. Will it affect the tone or sustain of the guitar 2. Is it difficult to do 3. What...
  7. Glowing Tubes

Sold G&L ASAT Bluesboy Price Reduced

Having a hard time getting past the image of those blue skies and that boat but yeah that is a sweet guitar. GLWS
  8. Glowing Tubes

How much does a typical (good quality)fret job on a rosewood fretboard neck cost

Hey Mark, How are you? Yeah I forgot about Phil. Know he does awesome work.
  9. Glowing Tubes

How much does a typical (good quality)fret job on a rosewood fretboard neck cost

Ha, the quote was from Woodsong. I know they do good work but that's super expensive. Thanks for the info on Del Toro. I'll look them up. RC
  10. Glowing Tubes

Thats a great price if the work is good. Where do I find them?
  11. Glowing Tubes

For the price I'm being quoted I'd much rather go with something like this with stainless.
  12. Glowing Tubes

This is what I got locally, it's on my Tele with a rosewood fretboard We would love to help you restore your Tele. All I can give at the moment are some standard prices. We would need to see your example to give you anything definitive. Here are some numbers to get started. Setup @...
  13. Glowing Tubes

Colorado I dont know of many trusted techs here.