Recent content by Gonkboy

1. G

Fender Player Plus microphonic humbucker

You need to find out if they're wax potted. Wax prevents squealing. Maybe contact Fender.
  2. G

Les Pauls, weight, and long gigs: A Poll

I'm a weekend warrior, but have to carry my guitar to each show. Buses, trains, and walking. I actually sold a Les Paul because of the weight. I'm an SG slinger now.
  3. G

Piezo pickup question

I'm looking for ways to mute all the strings with the exception of the E and A string. I'm wondering how easy this would be with a Piezo style pickup. I've seen some piezo pickups have individual cables going to each saddle. Maybe i could de-solder the strings i don't want to hear. I also...
  4. G

Take the pickup covers off then double check that the squeal is gone. After that, follow the video above. Good luck, bro.
  5. G

Vocal harmony pedals opinions?

Boss or TC. I have a Boss ve-5 that works well for live performances.
  6. G

Gibson = Dad Rock? Has Gibson miscalculated for the future?

I still see lots of Gibsons when i see local bands. Especially SGs.
  7. G

Les Paul high fret access

I need access to the 17th fret especially on the EAD strings. How easy is that on a normal Les Paul? Is it easier on a Les Paul Modern?
  8. G

Gigging Bands Transportation

Bus, train, subway. I'm not in the USA.
  9. G

Lightest weight Les Paul

Korea
  10. G

Lightest weight Les Paul

I'm looking for a Les Paul but would like something as light weight as possible. I have an SG that I love, but also want a Les Paul. I'd like to keep it under 3.5kg if possible. Are there any models i should keep an eye out for? I'd be buying used, so running the racks isn't really an option...
  11. G

The squeal was gone. I put the covers back on with a little tape to stop the covers vibrating and making the squeal. It's worth a try.
  12. G

My MIM Fender Meteora mk1 had pickup squeal. I took off the covers and it stopped. I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but thought I'd post just in case. Good luck.
  13. G

Slight dropouts every so often with Phenyx Pro PTG-12 wireless guitar system, how to stop them?

I have the Boss and have not experienced any drop outs.
  14. G

New Victory Amps

£800 is $1045. If you're happy to pay that, then you're free to do so.
  15. G

New Victory Amps

£800 Ouch! That's way too expensive for me.
Top Bottom