• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by Grap

1. Grap

Making a list of all the Rat Clones

Here’s an obscure one for you: XFX Boutique Tikus Made here in Malaysia, hence the name, which is Malay for “Rat”. Here’s a demo I did: XFX Tikus Demo
  2. Grap

Pedal confessionals

I have accumulated several boards worth of cheap Chinese pedals. I velcro these on to bamboo chopping boards, hook them up with Aroma patch cables, and power them with 10 dollar wall warts and a daisy chain. I then gig[1] with these and ignore the boards with all the "good stuff on them"...
  3. Grap

Vendor DCW Pedals - 2019 TGP Christmas Giveaway! Winners announced!

I'd love a "Hands of Time Chaos". That infinite repeats at the touch of a footswitch sounds exactly what's needed to distract from my set of bad habits masquerading as a guitar technique. Here in Malaysia we do Christmas a bit differently. The first guy who wished me Happy Christmas this year...
  4. Grap

How many pedals do you own

The last time I counted I was up over 80 pedals. Most of them are Overdrives. I think I may have a problem. Not enough Delay and Modulation. Ok, let's have an exercise in memory recall shall we. Here goes... The pedal boards are: 1) "What once classified as boutique but is now run of the...
  5. Grap

XFX Boutique effects from Malaysia

I saw these on a local online portal and just had to pick them up: XFX Boutique have only just started building in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Classic 741 Distortion (MXR Distortion+ clone) & Slowpick Analog Delay (Analog voiced digital, but at USD$50 what do you expect?) Tikus (Rat clone): I...
  6. Grap

What do you do with your old / "obsolete" modellers?

I’ll be dusting off my POD and Floor Board rig for a gig this weekend as they have a “silent stage” policy at the venue and my HD400 is in to be fixed. Yeah. That’s obsolete too. If it’s not economic to repair it I maybe hunting for an HD500X to replace it in my DT25 based rig. I last used...
  7. Grap

How many different Fuzz/Overdrive/Distortion pedals do you use?

It’s either, depending upon which board I’ve hauled out: Ultimate Octave -> FD 2 FM -> OM Labs Sahashrara -> Vexter Box of Rock Drivetrain II -> Vintage RAT -> Korg G4 overdrive stage -> Spark Mini Keeley DS-1 -> Keeley SD-1 -> Keeley BD-2 -> Mooer Pure Boost Aroma G-Fuzz -> Mosky Tonebus...
  8. Grap

TV model question

I remember as a kid once seeing a colour photograph taken on set at the filming of a ‘50’s TV series set in. Hospital, and all the Drs’ coats, Nurses’ pinafores, sheets, and anything else that you’d expect to be white were that same mustardy shade of yellow. I’ve never managed to locate the...
  9. Grap

Any Keeley Boss SD-1 Users?

I dug it out and tried it, and no, my Keeley SD-1 tails away to mains hum with no weird sonic artefacts.
  10. Grap

Any Keeley Boss SD-1 Users?

Hmm. I never noticed mine doing that. I’ll haul out that board tomorrow and give it a try.
  11. Grap

If you've been powering pedals with a daisy chain...

The only board I have that had problems is the one that had a Korg G4 and a Vintage RAT on the same daisy chain. If the RAT was on the clock noise from the Korg used to sound like a sound effect from a 1950’s Sci Fi movie. I lived with it for 12 years because there was no room for another power...
  12. Grap

Need a 335 alternative.

Yamaha SA series. I have and SA-1200S which has a carved spruce top, but the entire series is great. Because Yamaha gets no respect, they are cheap
  13. Grap

What's In The Mail, Part 5

Bottom feeder that I am, an Aroma G-Fuzz just arrived, and I’m waiting on a Mosky Red Fox. I did an A/B comparison of the G-Fuzz with my 70th Anniversary Hendrix Fuzz Face and they sound very similar. The Silicon Dunlop has slightly more volume available, but the Germanium G-Fuzz cleans up on...
  14. Grap

What's your favorite Dunlop Fuzz Face?

Hendrix Fuzz Face in the small box format.
  15. Grap

The Boss/Keeley board take 2

It was about time I re-did my Boss board. Ibanez LM-10 tuner, CS-3, Keeley DS-1 Ultra, Keeley SD-1, Keeley BD-2, CH-1, I anew AD-9, Mooer Pure Boost. I had the gains set very low on the SD-1 and BD-2.