• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Guitar1969

1. G

Is the Fractal FM3 a good starting place for a noob?

As a starting place for a complete Noob? As a Helix Floor owner since 2016, and previously in modeling with Zoom and Amplifire, I have looked at the FA units recently and although I feel their amps and sounds have a bit of an edge over the Helix, the interface, workflow and ease of use on the...
  2. G

What's the history/current standing of TMG Guitars?

Actually Nigel Hendroff of Hillsong, who is a pretty well known guitarist, is still endorsed by them and stands behind the newer guitars being put out by Jonathon these days. He still has a signature model with them
  3. G

New Zoom multi-effect!

Do we have any idea of the MSRP on this thing yet? And yes it sure is hideous looking but I am willing to look the other way on that if everything else is good on it.
  4. G

New Zoom multi-effect!

I had one of the original 3 button Amplfire's. Was great for a time until I realized what I was missing on the Helix platform - so much more capable with routing and signal paths and stacking. For sub-$500 the HX Stomp is the way to go even with its shortcomings and need to add an extra...
  5. G

Line 6 POD Go

I have a Helix Floor which I absolutely love (My first L6 unit), but looking for a backup unit that I can use at my office(Using Helix Native there right now). POD Go is appealing but I really have to compare it to the new Zoom G11 that was revealed at NAMM as well. Dollar for dollar I always...
  6. G

Spent a weekend with Helix Floor

I am referring to Controller Assignments of parameters on the hardware unit, not just the parameters themselves. On my Floor I have a switch assigned (switch 7) to change a bunch of parameters within blocks (for Ambient type tones). When that preset is imported into Native, there is no...
  7. G

Spent a weekend with Helix Floor

I find Native to sound great compared to my Floor unit. Just started using Native in my office (at work) with a Behringer UMC202HD interface and don't really notice any latency issues with Reaper and it sounds excellent. Im in experimental mode to see if I could get Native set up as a great...
  8. G

Best small handheld effects unit for practice, etc?

I have tried many of the recommonedations listed above - Had a Zoom G1on but got rid of it as it sounds good but menu system is too cumbersome . I have a Zoom G3n that I use as a practice/backup to my big Line6 Helix but still wanting something hanbdheld. Even had a Zoom PS-02 handheld recorder...
  9. G

Yeah I am not an Iphone user, as I hate how they have built in obsolesence; Had a Touch years back and then they basically stopped supporting with OS updates it after about the third year.
  10. G

So ive looked at all the current offerings of these types of units and own an old PocketPOD. Looking for an update as the thing is hard to use - buried menus. I am surprised someone hasnt stepped in with a decent unit for practice. The Mooer PE100 looks promising but seemed to never get much...
  11. G

HX FX on sale

No amp modeling, but more footswitches and simpler interface. Its more like the older M series for those that want to still use real amps.
  12. G

HX FX on sale

Doubt it. Line6 just got the firmware on all their units unified with Helix Core, and has been focusing on smaller versions (HX series). I think they still will take it further before coming out with a newer version of their flagship unit.
  13. G

First demo Mooer GE300 - NAMM 2019

Or the Line6 Helix which is leading the pack in the all in one modelers right now. I own a Helix Floor and love it, but was looking for another little unit for my office for practice (Currently have a Zoom G3n). Was thinking about the Ge200 and then saw this other unit but their price is out...
  14. G

Free editor for Zoom pedals: G5n, G3Xn, G3n, B3n, G1on, G1Xon, B1on, B1Xon, MS-50g, MS-60b, MS-70CDR

Doesn't seem to work with the latest firmware on the G3n (2.0)- Bummer
  15. G

Zoom G3n/G5N platform, tips and tricks

Been a long time zoom user. I don't think they are ending the n series - 3nx has not been out long. They may be coming out with something new at NAMM but a few years back when they got near NAMM they stopped on the monthly updates for awhile, and then released the 3n at NAMM (They only had...
Top Bottom