Recent content by GuitarG

1. GuitarG

Mojotone Blackout 5E3

I've had my Mojotone Blackout for about three weeks and have been checking it out in my studio with the stock speaker and my Universal Audio Ox. For reference I had a remarkable '58 Tweed Deluxe for about 15 years and spent many hours getting to know and love that amp. As many have said, the...
  2. GuitarG

BF Deluxe Reverb Speaker Selection - What do you use?

This is my favorite speaker for Black/Brownface Fenders. Have used them with a BF Deluxe. Currently use two with my '63 Bassman.
  3. GuitarG

Headphones

I love my Alessandro Grado Headphones, but I've been using my JBL S700's almost all of the time since I bought them. The JBL's have a DSP feature that I don't care for at all, but with the DSP bypassed, they are as good as anything I've used. I use them as my main recording cans and for...
  4. GuitarG

How many guitars do you bring to a gig?

Always four, an LP and a Strat in standard tuning, a G tuning guitar, usually a Tele or a Supro, and an E tuning guitar, it varies, tonight I used a Hamer Standard. I may bring one or two more if there's something I feel like playing that night, say a 335, or if someone asks me to bring a...
  5. GuitarG

Warren Haynes playing Duane's '59 burst....

Reddog, I'm pretty sure that is from the 10/28/2014 gig. I recorded the Sirius rebroadcast of the show and that sounds like the version of One Way Out from that night. When I first heard it I was surprised Derek was using the Bridge pickup on his solos and suspected he was using a different guitar.
  6. GuitarG

Warren Haynes playing Duane's '59 burst....

Does anyone know on which tunes from the 10/28/14 show Warren used Duane's Burst?
  7. GuitarG

Scuffham S-Gear is now available

This treble booster sounds really nice. I've owned a number of rangemaster clones, and this VST has some great, classic treble booster tones. Very tweakable with controls that let you bring some bottom in while retaining the high end edge. Sounds great in front of the Steeler running with a...
  8. GuitarG

Telecaster Players: Have Any of You Settled on Your Favorite Pickups?

I've had Fralin Blues Specials in my #1 Tele for a lot of years now. The neck pickup is hands down my favorite Tele neck pickup that I have ever played. The bridge might be a little hot for some looking for a classic Bakersfield Tele spank. But I am using the guitar primarily as a open tuning...
  9. GuitarG

Favorite Joni Mitchell Album?

'Hejira' and 'Shadows and Light'
  10. GuitarG

Does Mick Mars get any respect these days?

Motley Crue is a band that sounds better to me with each passing year. I didn't give them or Mick their due back in the day, but these days I absolutely love all of their tunes and the recent live stuff I've seen is smokin'. The riff on Kickstart my Heart is just dangerous. I remember Mick...
  11. GuitarG

Dunlop Eric Johnson Fuzz Face

I've spent the last two days with my EJ FF and I am really impressed. The is a Si Face done right. I've used a dozen guitars and three different amp rigs and for the most part, the EJ delivered stellar tones throughout. The box seems to like an amp setting with a slight amount of dirt of it...
  12. GuitarG

Van Halen live segment...Great Audio

Re: all the Dave criticism, his performance does not bother me in the least. He has always been the master of ceremonies, circus ringleader type of frontman/vocalist. He and the band look like they're having a blast. Let 'em play.
  13. GuitarG

Van Halen live segment...Great Audio

Mean Streets and Unchained are smokin'. Man that put a smile on my face. It is so good to see Ed rippin' it up.
Top Bottom