Recent content by guitarist58

1. guitarist58

Behringer Pro-One

Had one of these back in the day. This is definitely interesting!!
  2. guitarist58

Korg Minilogue XD

I'm really liking the sounds of it! I don't care for the small keys on the XD, and of course no aftertouch, but I think I'd enjoy the overall small form, just handy play around with. I could always use a controller (I don't know if aftertouch is sensed or it could be mapped to something else) if...
  3. guitarist58

What Are Your Favorite Soft Synths?

Starting to learn more about my U-he Zebra 2. Crazy powerful and I plan to invest more time in learning it than some of the others I have (I have NI Komplete some Arturia stuff). Edit: Since it was asked in the OP, the ones in NI that I've messed around with a bit are Kontour and Prism or Spark...
  4. guitarist58

Monologue plus Minilogue? Redundant?

Sounds good to me! Like having a 5 voice "kinda bi-timbral" keyboard. Bass on the Mono, chords on the Mini or chords on the mini and lead on the mono. +1 what GovSilver said above, too.
  5. guitarist58

Do-it-all "pro" level keyboard - Roland DS88, Yamaha, Korg Krome or something else?

IME, "semi-weighted" = synth type keyboard. I can't recall anything I would call "in between" other than maybe a cheap "weighted" piano keybed like on Guitar Center's Williams piano line. Aside from those that are on really inexpensive keyboards, some semi-weighted keyboards feel pretty nice to...
  6. guitarist58

Behringer announces OB-Xa clone

I had an OB-SX (a presets only Oberheim) in the early '80s. One of the patches sounded perfect to me for Prince's 1999. I happened to listen to a Youtube video the other day comparing the OB-6 with the Prophet 6 (without looking!) and was surprised that every time I particularly liked the sound...
  7. guitarist58

Hiromi and Screaming Headless Torsos

I am just now seeing this :D I'm friends with Dave Fiuczynski on Facebook so I'd seen it. Would love to see a Sonicbloom reunion! :)
  8. guitarist58

UAD Apollo Twin DUO w/Thunderbolt cable ~ SOLD ~

SOLD Like new. $625. Paypal OK. Set up but never really used except to listen to stuff through my monitors. I had just put together a little audio recording setup but then had to vacate the house I was living in. Now I'm starting to sell off some of the equipment until I am able to get...
  9. guitarist58

Off the chain CD of fellow TGPer!!!!

Sounds great!!! :) ~
  10. guitarist58

I Got To Thinking About Playing The Guitar.....

Well said, Brian. Great thread. _
  11. guitarist58

Interesting mix of pop, jazzy prog, funky rhythms, avant garde...

I was a HUGE fan of Dave Steward & Barbara Gaskin, and when I first heard Louis & Genevieve (Knower) I was really curious if Louis was influenced by Dave... I think these two have done a couple of originals but I'm so ignorant of popular music I don't really know for sure... _
Top Bottom