Recent content by guitarman_nebr

1. guitarman_nebr

Stacking a full range speaker on a subwoofer...your opinions?

Yea, I get the recess the tops thing.....it really does make sense. With new technology and more DJ's doing their thing I was just wondering if any new theories about "coupling" had come about. I'm not DJ'ing anything, I am just providing the sound system. I'm with you on the "just stack...
  2. guitarman_nebr

This series of events is out of the side of a trailer they built a DJ booth into. The speakers have isolation risers to disconnect the subs from the trailer. I am needing to stack the tops. The side of the trailer folds out to reveal the DJ booth, built in lights, and the speakers...
  3. guitarman_nebr

Okay, I have a situation coming up that won't allow me to put speakers on poles above the subwoofers. I will have to stack the speaker on the sub directly. Do I just put the speaker on there or do I use some isolation foam to separate the cabs? These are powered subs and powered speakers...
  4. guitarman_nebr

Global EQ setting on PA system?

I tend to leave the channel EQ's set nearly the same every gig as that is the sound for stage and front of house. The global EQ is what I use to adjust sound in front of house for every different venue. Basically I use the global to ring in the room as they all present different challenges.
  5. guitarman_nebr

Guitar Wireless... avoid 2.4 ghz?

I have found that wireless interference is difficult to avoid no matter the unit....say below a certain price point. I have used UHF and 2.4 ghz in the mid range price point with little to no issues. However, some manufacturers units are always dropping out while others are rock solid. I...
  6. guitarman_nebr

Vocal mics do make a dignificant difference?

I say the microphone I choose makes me sing differently. I can't sing with an SM57....period. The SM58 was the standard years ago on the road because it could take the punishment of travel. The BETA58 allowed more expression and I felt I could hear the frequencies I wanted to hear more often...
  7. guitarman_nebr

Something other than a sm58.

I had to look twice....this is exactly my mic selection!! The E935 is the best vocal mic I have heard for most singers and the E845S is my favorite mic for spoken voice in a live setting hands down.
  8. guitarman_nebr

Cheap 4-6 channel live mixer

xr12 with a headphone amp with 4 outs. Not independent headphone mixes but it is an easy solution on the cheap.
  9. guitarman_nebr

Denver co area Luther help needed

German Guitars – Luthier Greg German – Broomfield, Colorado
  10. guitarman_nebr

1998 Fender Deluxe Players Super Strat.....pickup issues.

Hey all, I just took a 98 Fender Deluxe Players Super Strat in on a trade. It is not the one with noiseless pickups but rather with hot wound pickups. The bridge pickup seems to be good but the middle and neck pickups are dark sounding....little high end. The two and four positions don't...
  11. guitarman_nebr

Wanting to jump back into a Digital Modeling setup... I'm overwhelmed!

If you go back, I got the information from a Line 6 rep when we went to a guitar center workshop to introduce the Spider V and Helix stuff. My point was there is so much misinformation out there that reading about it on the internet is not good. I mentioned it is a shame we can't go out and...
  12. guitarman_nebr

You and I can't sit and have a discussion. I don't dislike Line 6...I dislike their marketing. Oh well, play what you want and if I'm in the crowd I'm gonna not give two s#@t's what gear you play....rock on!! :rockin
  13. guitarman_nebr

HA!! I repeated what a rep said at a demo. I am not a hater, I was a Line 6 user for years. I just don't get along with the new software. I loved the Flextone III and toured it for 4 years and it crapped out. My point is...if they completely revamped the software they why the "legacy"...
  14. guitarman_nebr

Even better!! I'll get the brisket smoking...this may take a while.
  15. guitarman_nebr

Headrush is Beta testing an update as we speak. They sent it out this week. Don't drink the Kool Aid. They only update when they think they have something that is worth having. They don't put out crap to please the crowd. Face it, we don't use 80% of what's available to us...