• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by guitarrob

1. guitarrob

Which Amp Modeler Is Used Most By The Pro Players?

The fact though, that more and more major acts are using modelers/profilers is a testament to the quality of the current units. Particularly Kemper and Fractal. Sure, shipping weight and therefore cost are I’m sure a major factor in any decision made by bands to use modelers/profilers instead...
  2. guitarrob

Best guitar wireless system under $500 today

I have been an advocate and longtime user of the Shure GLXD16 wireless system. It’s always worked reliably and is by far the best wireless I’d used up to that point. Like most, I’d I didn’t play live for nearly 2 years, but will be playing out live soon so I am updating my pedalboard. Is the...
  3. guitarrob

Which Amp Modeler Is Used Most By The Pro Players?

Of course there are many exceptions, but I feel that it’s the guitarist that try’s to cover a variety of tones from their past work and tend to use lots of effects gravitate towards Fractal. Guys like The Edge, Neal Schon and Alex Lifeson come to mind. On the other hand, it seems guys who tend...
  4. guitarrob

The Official Original Quad Cortex Non-Owner Complainer Thread

This is pretty crazy. Why would they actively put more of these substandard power supplies into the market? And at that insane price?
  5. guitarrob

Official Quad Cortex Owners Discussions

That’s interesting and good to know. Yeah, I’ve gone over my ground issues with support already and they’ve verified my issues and have assured me that the newly sourced, forthcoming power supply will rectify these issues. Now, just the wait, but in the meantime, l don’t have any ground noise...
  6. guitarrob

Headrush frfr108 with helix

Wow, that's weird that there is such a variance. Wonder if they've changed the speaker? I find that on mine that the low cut sweet spot is around 80HZ and High cut at around 8K.
  7. guitarrob

Yes, the internal ground switches never make any difference in my experience.
  8. guitarrob

Everything plugged into the same outlet. Using the tuner in front of the QC, or my Kemper Stage plugged into that outlet yields no ground noise.
  9. guitarrob

Yep, using the DC-7 reduced the ground buzz a little, but it was still significant until I put the buffered tuner in front of the QC. A non-buffered pedal will not yield the same result.
  10. guitarrob

Who here has spent $10k on a single guitar?

I spent $4700 on a 1962 sunburst Strat in 1992. Still own it. Not sure it’s been the best investment but I’m pretty sure I beat inflation by a good margin and I’ve had the pleasure of playing the guitar (sparingly) over the last 20 years.
  11. guitarrob

The Official Original Quad Cortex Non-Owner Complainer Thread

Posted this in another thread, but I thought it was more relevant here. Had a rehearsal last night, and I brought my QC pedalboard, powered by the Cioks DC7 - this set up previously had produced ground noise in this room. The ground noise previously was so loud that that I had to shut down the...
  12. guitarrob

Kemper as an Effects processor

I am a big fan of the Kemper Stage, but it would not be my first choice for effects only. As others have pointed out, and in my opinion, its biggest strength by far is the amp profiling capability and the availability of many great profiles. As a package, I think the Kemper works just fine as...
  13. guitarrob

Had a rehearsal last night, and I brought my QC pedalboard, powered by the Cioks DC7 - this set up previously had produced ground noise in this room. The ground noise previously was so loud that that I had to shut down the QC and use my Kemper Stage. Previously, I plugged my guitar directly...
  14. guitarrob

Your go-to guitar….and why?

Lately it’s been a PRS Vela. Love the light weight body, carve of the neck and sound of the Starla Humbucker. If not that, it would be my Paulownia Suhr HSS Strat - also lightweight and by far the most versatile guitar that I own.
  15. guitarrob

Wondering if you had a chance test with another switch. I have an old Mission Engineering box with two foot switches - tried that as well with no luck on the bypass switching function using a TRS cable.
Top Bottom