• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by gumtown

1. gumtown

Boss Gt-1 live?

Get a Boss FS-7 dual footswitch to go with it, as the existing GT-1 footswitches are a bit limited when 2 of them are used to change patch.
  2. gumtown

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Are you an Egg ? :rotflmao
  3. gumtown

Boss SY-1000

"Talk with Boss" this week was the SY-1000
  4. gumtown

edit: M1 Macs working. Was: Do you think BOSS is even working on Mac M1 support?

Here is the last Roland Corporation financial report before they delisted from the stock exchange https://www.roland.com/RolandComSite/media/global/release/pdf/2014/20140807.pdf Which includes all other ventures (printer, computer peripherals, musical, others) 3 months sales of 21 Billion Yen...
  5. gumtown

edit: M1 Macs working. Was: Do you think BOSS is even working on Mac M1 support?

Yes, so long as the USB-Midi device is supported by Mac M1, and is a decent quality type (Roland UM-One mk2 fits both requirements).
  6. gumtown

Meanwhile you can use a compatible USB-Midi adapter into the GT-1000 midi ports. Re-compiling source for the M1 is not that easy, especially if using a 3rd party framework which needs to update its libraries first.
  7. gumtown

For the M1, being a totally different hardware architecture from the intel chip, requires new hardware drivers rewritten from the ground up. I guess if history repeats, look back when Mac OS moved from OSx9 to OSx10, and the hardware changed from PPC to intel, how long did it take Roland/Boss to...
  8. gumtown

Boss VE-500

OK I caved in and have just brought the Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer. Let's see where it goes from here on... Roland GR-55 > midi > Boss SY-1000 > midi > VE-500 = world domination !!!! :Devil MMwwwaahahahahha !!
  9. gumtown

The Official Boss GT-1 Thread.

I can now say the Katana MK2 editor is done and available here https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/KatanaFxFloorBoard/Katana%20FxFloorboard%20for%20MK2%20Desktop/
  10. gumtown

Helix 3.1?

Bluetooth is on par with Dialup internet, its basically wireless RS232 serial port. Wifi with secure encryption would be good. But I am skeptical about any wireless connection to your gear for live gig use. Imagine your tones suddenly changing during a gig because someone in the audience...
  11. gumtown

Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer Pedal vs. TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play Vocal Effects and Harmony Pedal

All 99 User patches are accessible by midi PC. There is a VE-500 facebook page with discussion on that.
  12. gumtown

Boss VE-500

Just from looking at the VE-500 specs, the effects and reverb should have more depth as it uses the same new 32 bit converters and processing as the GT-1000, where the VE-20 is rather old and based on the 24bit chip like the GT-100.
  13. gumtown

Can someone help me understand the Pocket Gt pricetag?

I think ditching the "COSM" brand (although it never bothered me, its just a name) and using "A.I.R.D" and "Tube Logic" is enough to convince some that this is something else/new.
  14. gumtown

You talking about the Waza headphones right? :anon
  15. gumtown

I guess some of the stuff is aimed at markets that don't exist within this site. I assume these wacky devices are selling well in certain 'other' markets.